Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Paris.  (Read 14704 times)

honeybun

Re: Paris.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 02:15:34 PM »

The IRA were so small compared to this CLKD.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2015, 02:16:55 PM »

eeemmm ……… atrocities though.  The same kind of clearing up to be done.  Bereaved families.  Sponsored by  :-X

Limpy

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2015, 02:28:09 PM »

CLKD the current death toll from the Paris massacre is 129.
What the IRA did was awful but it wasn't at that scale.

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »

And it's affecting the whole of Europe.

Not that I am defending the IRA, but they did give warnings and were quite clear who they were after (generally)
ISIS are coming after everyone that's not a Muslim.

Honeybun
X

Dorothy

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2015, 04:05:05 PM »

Honeybun, IS have murdered Muslims too.  Many Muslims are horrified by what they are doing, and extremists will murder anyone who stands in their way, regardless of religion.  As someone said yesterday, "Terrorism has no religion".

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »

They had no way of knowing which nationality or religion they were targeting on Friday night. Indiscriminate killing. I still can't quite get over the feelings of sadness.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 04:21:30 PM »

Sorry yes they have killed other Muslims too but I still think that it's the non Muslims that are the true targets.
The Muslims that would be at a concert would not be true Muslims in their eyes perhaps.
Very sad situation.

I wonder how many have come in with the refugees....it makes my blood run cold to think this will probably happen again.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »

Hubby was saying one was a refugee. Scary thought, considering how many are crossing borders & being given emergency refugee accommodation. Using hotels to put them up.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 01:00:11 PM »

Some Passports found on the bombers may have been stolen.  Also the French Police 'knew' of a couple, one was 'on bail' after being questioned regarding terrorism links.  This is the 3rd time that bombers have been 'known' so why not have a large ship in the Ocean, carry any suspects by helicopter, hover above and land them on board  :-\.  So that they are kept together …… same for the migrants, requisition cruise ships and keep them in a safe place - there will be food, water, electricity, entertainment; time to process people who really are in trouble and the opportunity to ship out those who aren't!

We were travelling at 10.55 and there was a piece of music (out of Africa I think  :-\) then 1 mins. silence. I wish we had guidance on what to do when travelling i.e. putting hazard lights on as it wasn't possible to pull over.

An atrocity is that, how ever many people involved.

Dulciana

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 10:17:51 PM »

In the middle of all this horror, something rather lovely cheered me up this afternoon: I was driving along the seafront, going to my afternoon's teaching.  It had been raining and although it had stopped for a bit, there were still heavy clouds around.   Then the sun came out and a rainbow began to be visible, over the water.  It got steadily brighter until it almost looked like a painting.  Both ends could be seen and they were reflecting brightly and beautifully on to the water.  Well, honestly, this really lifted my despondency and despair for a while and made me think, Hope.  Sounds silly, I know, but it made me look beyond last Friday's atrocities for the rest of the journey.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:21:33 PM by Dulciana »

Limpy

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 10:43:43 AM »

That sounds lovely Dulciana.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 01:43:35 PM »

Hopefully this evening's Match will go without incident ………..

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 01:54:38 PM »

I also hope the match tonight goes ahead safely.  Armed police and SAS will be there so there's no more anybody can do. 

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »

Safest place on Earth 2-night then  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 07:44:47 PM »

Have switched on the footie  ;) some are suggesting the Match should have been cancelled, others it should go ahead  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4