Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: livial and aggressive behaviour  (Read 4049 times)

Jesjonhar

livial and aggressive behaviour
« on: November 09, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »

http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/indevelopment/gid-cgwave0639?

Nice just says 'November 2015'  ::)

The Guardian article says 'next Thursday'.
Hi everyone
First time to post and I can only figure out how to do it from this point. I'm not very savvy with tech.
I need help. I'm on my second packet of livial has anyone had any negative effects as regards to aggressive behaviour. Mine is like Jeckel/Hyde iam going to kill someone I'm so desperate. This is my second type of hrt to try. Should I go back and change or stick it out. Although I don't thick I could take another day of this. Anyone in my boat

ancient runner

Re: livial and aggressive behaviour
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 12:05:32 PM »

Hello Jes - I struggle to find how to post a new topic sometimes too - it's not obvious. But you'll get more replies that way.
Click on the forum you want your topic to appear in (so might be all things menopause, or personal experiences). Look in the top right hand corner just above all the topic listings and you'll see New Topic there. Click on that and away you go! I can't answer your HRT question but if you start a thread of your  own lots of people will be along to help. xx

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 05:44:36 PM »

Hi Jesjonhar

:welcomemm:

Sorry I can't help with the livial but I am sure someone will be along soon to help. Also if you go to the home page of the forum and then do a search, this should bring up a few other threads.

How old are you? Most HRT types cause some side effects initially but often they will subside. I presume you are post-menopausal (12 months without a period) and you are starting HRT for the first time?

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »

Yes when my Dad had that drug he was extremely agitated and got quite nasty.  We walked miles and miles and miles to burn off the agitation  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 11:15:55 PM »

CLKD  ;D - I've just seen this - your Dad  :o !!!!!!!! Livial is HRT so he wouldn't have been taking it - well at least I hope not....

Jesjonhar - sorry you haven't had any replies - there can't be many members who use Livial posting or reading the forum at the moment

Hurdity x

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 09:21:29 AM »

CLKD,  ;D thank you for this laugh. Livial is another name for tibolone. Were you confusing Livial with lithium?

Bo Snow

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 10:39:09 AM »

Hi, I was on Livial for 18 months and didn't suffer any aggression, all my meno symptoms vanished quickly. I had to come off it  though because I developed migraine auras and a thickening of the womb. Now on anti d's instead of HRT. I was told originally by one GP that Livial was one of the 'safest' forms of HRT, then when I developed side effects another told me it had one of the highest rates for uterine cancer. I now see my practice nurse cos she seems to know what she's talking about re meno. :) xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 01:15:15 PM »

:kick: ……..  :-X

Prozac made me angry++ ……..

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 06:00:07 PM »

Hi Bo Snow

Yes I read a paper on it - I think it was what they call the product monograph, and it mentioned that thickening of the lining was possible on it so I was quite surprised to read that. I'm assuming because it behaves like all three hormones and is metabolised into different compounds maybe in some women the body produces too much of the oestrogen-like compound and not enough of the progesterone-like one - but I've no idea really! I was looking into it re libido because it is the only product that is licensed on NHS that can help here - but reading that did put me off!

Are you happy on ADs rather than HRT?

Hurdity x