Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Late putting Oestrogel on......  (Read 4201 times)

Liz

Late putting Oestrogel on......
« on: November 09, 2015, 04:47:18 PM »

Hi - Just wondering if anyone can help?  I was late putting my gel on today (approx 3 hours) due to having much later shower after being busy in garden and just had a mega hot flush!  Really bad one!  Does anyone think this is the cause or had this happen to them before? Thanks.

Dancinggirl

Re: Late putting Oestrogel on......
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 05:15:04 PM »

Don't worry - your oestrogen level may have dropped a bit because you applied it late but it will quickly rectify itself.
It isn't vital to use the gel at exactly the same time each day - a 3-6 hour window should keep your oestrogen levels good. I still get the occasional hot flush as I use a very low dose.  DG x

Liz

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 05:17:51 PM »

Thanks Dg, I am on one and a half pumps, so low dose and so will probably get the odd flush anyway.  Been waking up in the night a bit "hot" too.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »

Being a bit late made little difference to me. I sometimes forgot altogether for a day & was fine. I was on 2 pumps.

Liz

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 08:28:06 PM »

Mm... think I may try 2 pumps again then, perhaps 1 and a half is not stopping the flushing.  Does everyone apply the 2 pumps at the same time of day or split the dose?

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 08:36:35 PM »

Liz, I would definitely agree that 2 pumps per day is better, 1.5 sounds too low - if you had a hot flush, you are not getting enough. 

I have just started to split my dose to 1 pump every 12 hours and so far, it's going well.  You might want to give it a try to keep your levels up and avoid getting a dip. 

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 08:48:34 PM »

I've left my patch off for a few days....meno brain  ::) and really didn't notice.

My theory.....could be very wrong....is that it takes a long while before our natural levels drop....it takes a while before they build up again with HRT, so a few days/hours here or there doesn't make a huge difference. Well to me anyway but I am post menopausal, I think.

Honeybun
X

CherryC

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 01:48:41 PM »

Hi, could I ask a question about timings? I use 2 pumps Oestorgel in the morning but currently wake up at night extremely hot.  Last night I tried adding in a pump at bed time to see if this would help. Ended up feeling very wired and couldn't sleep.  Would increasing the morning dosage to 3 pumps instead help with the heat at night or does it wear off by then? Thanks.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »

Cherry C -  I wouldn't increase to 3 pumps - just use one before bed and one in the morning to give a more even dosage.  BTW - it's been really warm at night lately - I'm sleeping with the window open still - so it may not be the lack of oestrogen making you hot. DG x

Mary G

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »

I have recently start to split my gel dose to one pump every 12 hours and it is working very well.  My reasons for doing this was not because the gel was not working, it was working very well, but I am intolerant to Utrogestan and have to ensure that my oestrogen levels do not dip too much. 

The return of symptoms might also be due to the dip so a split dose might be the answer. 

CherryC

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 06:24:42 PM »

Thank you for the advice DG, I will try that.