Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Another desperate woman... would be so grateful for advice  (Read 7000 times)

Rosie500

Re: Another desperate woman... would be so grateful for advice
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 07:25:05 PM »

I've been told the prescription says estradiol gel 0.06% - the bit of paper will arrive home soon! Is that the generic term? I will check what the pharmacist would dispense before giving the prescription in. I asked for the oestrogel 64-dose pump pack. I can always get the wording changed if necessary. Not sure my GP has prescribed this before.

Thanks for the info on the progesterone - maybe I'll try the 25 days first and see how it goes. Or maybe double up for the 12 days which may give me more of a clue how much I am affected by the progesterone.

Agree with your comments on lifestyle - have already decided to tweak a few things - I'm not too bad on healthy eating/drinking but always room for improvement  :)

Mary G

Re: Another desperate woman... would be so grateful for advice
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 08:16:33 PM »

Rosie 500, I am so pleased that you have managed to get the bio identical gel and Utrogestan.  It seems to have come through very quickly which is surprising!

I am severely intolerant to synthetic progestins and to a lesser extent, Utrogestan so I have to limit the use of it.  Professor Studd prescribed 100mg for 7 days per month which is the minimum for women like me but some people need to take more than that.  I take it vaginally because it has fewer side effects i.e. no breast pain and it is localised and hits the spot.  It is also more effective when used in this way because it doesn't pass through the liver (I think you can lose 50% of it when taken orally) and nearly all of it enters the womb - I use a special applicator that places it right next to the cervix.  I have no idea why but apparently it is not licensed to be used vaginally in the UK but it is in other countries so it's up to you how you wish to use it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.  I am confident that you will feel much better.
Pages: 1 [2]