Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Are these pains hormonal?  (Read 1595 times)

Jaki T

Are these pains hormonal?
« on: November 08, 2015, 07:51:16 PM »

I've not had a period since the end of July although I got a lot of hormonal pain around end of August and probably September which passed off...I've had those before too where there is no bleeding. 
The pains I'm getting are in the groin but don't quite feel right.  Could they be hormonal still? 
Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Are these pains hormonal?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:04:13 PM »

Hi Jaki T

Sorry to hear about your pains - it's quite common to continue to feel all sorts of pains in the pelvic area as our hormones settle down and as we become menopausal. However if it doesn't feel quite right I would definitely go and visit the doc just to check all is well. Have your periods been irregular for a whole and depending on your age you may be heading for menopause - how old are you? The hormones don't completely settle (oestrogen that is) until approx two years following the last period when the level remains low and more or less constant.

Hurdity x

Jaki T

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 08:06:45 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. Yes my periods have been irregular for a while but this is the longest gap (just over 3 months) although I did have a gap of nearly 3 months before last year I think. I am 56 so am surely heading for my last period soon!

Jaki x

peacemakerukuk

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 08:33:59 PM »

I've been having these pains too both sides of the pelvis so I'm assuming its hormones.  If mine continue for longer than 3 months I'll bring it up at the doctors but while everything for me at least is up in the air I'm not worried.