Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Nighties  (Read 6845 times)

Ju Ju

Nighties
« on: November 03, 2015, 08:02:43 PM »

I've been advised to wear nighties for a short hospital stay, but as I normally wear pjs, I need to buy some. Would it be wiser to buy short or long sleeves, short or long length. At home I would go for long for this time of year, but perhaps it's warmer in hospital. Any advice?

dazned

Re: Nighties
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 08:06:58 PM »

Hospitals do tend to be very hot,well at least I have found this to be the case,so personally I would opt for short sleeves at least,or depending on what you are having done I wear shorts and t-shirt bed suit.

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 08:13:58 PM »

Thanks. I'm having a repair job done.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 08:18:48 PM »

Short I would have thought and without sleeves, oh and a cotton mix which is cooler. Hospitals are so very warm. A cotton wrap for over it too.
The ones who go in with fleecy things must melt.

How long will you be in for Ju Ju....one for every day I would think.

Oh and don't forget all your anti bacterial stuff....Boots have a great hospital range, from hand wipes to toilet wipes.
If your going to be in a few days I would take a little pair of flip flops for the shower too.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 08:37:22 PM »

Button up the front is the first consideration as pulling nighties over the head can be awkward!  It also means that the chest can be checked without revealing 'all'  ;).  Short sleeves.  Cotton.  Panties too ………

If someone is going to be collecting washing daily then no need to put name tapes in otherwise  ::) if you want to see your nighties again.  Slippers.  Nice soap.  Flannels.  Towels.  Ear-plugs  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »

My daughter is a nurse. Their preference is short nighties, short sleeves & stretchy cotton. So therefore a t- shirt nightie would probably be most comfortable.  Cotton pants too. If you think you'll feel cold a little cardi or wrap for your arms.

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 07:12:11 PM »

Thank you so much for your advice. If all goes well, it should only be a 2 night stay, so I have bought a couple of short sleeved cotton nighties. I love the idea of the waffle dressing gown, but think I will make do with my ordinary dressing gown. I tried to buy big knickers today, but obviously ladies who are size 10 don't need to wear such things!  ::) I shall have to order online. 

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 09:14:39 PM »

Where I buy my knickers they go up to Very Big Size  ;) - as I found when I grabbed the wrong sized packet (a set of 6)  :o

What's a waffle dressing gown ?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 08:33:25 PM »

;D - I slipped them into a Charity shop  ;)

So 'seersucker' material then?

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 10:08:04 PM »

:thankyou:  if I remember, I will do  ;)