Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: My friend 'Peri!'  (Read 3193 times)

Kerri

My friend 'Peri!'
« on: November 07, 2015, 11:35:25 PM »

Hello everyone...I am new to this site but I have been hovering for a long time. I am seeing my doctor next week to speak to her and run a few tests. I have turned 40 in July and have been having various symptoms for a year or so i.e. palpitations, itchy skin, tearful, panic attacks, forgetfulness, breast pain and a few irregular periods. The worst thing is having a feeling of dread...I googled some of my symptoms and as you guessed, it was not good results. Since then, I have felt completely scared and lost. My friends think it may be peri-menopause. My sister had her menopause at 39. The poem below explains how I feel!
I have a "friend" his name is Peri.
 He is not the kind you want to marry.
 He keeps me up, I can not sleep.
 Throughout the day he makes me weep.
 He is very emotional, he can be a jerk.
 Sometimes he keeps me from my work.
 He makes me crabby, exhausted, moody.
 So then I go and eat the "foodie"
 He makes me eat then I gain weight.
 I will need a new wardrobe at this rate.
 He makes me dizzy, gives me aches and pains.
 Sometimes I think I'm going insane.
 He makes me tired, I'm not as fun.
 When will he go, when will he be gone.

:-\

Dorothy

Re: My friend 'Peri!'
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 11:49:31 PM »

Hi Rainbow.  Hope you have a good response from your GP next week.  Certainly sounds like peri.  I guess you have already read round the site a bit, but if not, it would be worth doing before your appointment so you are aware of what's what! 

Love the poem!  Though I'm not sure anything as horrible as perimenopause deserves having a poem written to it!!!

Kerri

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 12:22:04 AM »

Thank you Dorothy and Sparkle. Hopefully I will get some reassurance...I thought it might have been my thyroid as I also suffer from cold hands and feet regularly. My results came back as normal (FSH 1.75). I think this is going to be a long road! It's nice to talk to other people who have similar symptoms  :) 

Chi chi

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 08:33:25 AM »

That's a perfect description of how it feels! Good luck with your GP 😊

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 09:16:56 AM »

Hi Rainbow

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear you are probably starting on the menopausal journey at such a young age. Yes it's very important to go the doctor because at your age blood tests are advised to see if it could be the beginnings of menopause and if so, for you to start HRT at some point to help protect your heart and bones at least until the natural average age of menopause of 51-52.

There are women of all ages on here - all going through or having gone through the same thing and you are among friends!

Do keep us in touch with what's going on and the outcome of the visit to your doc and the blood tests.  :)

Hurdity x

Kerri

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 09:21:31 PM »

Thank you. I will keep you posted  :)

SadLynda

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 10:55:51 AM »

love that poem Rainbow.

I have been told twice that my FSH results are 'just fine' but have all the symptoms (and some) you mentioned.  I have had good results from my super acupuncture guru, but about to make an appointment with my new GP for help with the VA. :(

Needless to say I was so peeved with the lack of help with my GP I changed, again.  Its very easy to do.