Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Patch  (Read 3374 times)

Anjia

Patch
« on: November 03, 2015, 10:11:47 AM »

Had patch upped  to 75mcg after having 50mcg for the last three months feeling good on 50 but couldent get rid of night flushes its only been a few days on 75 but last night had the worst night for a long time ,I woke up all night feeling wired and jumpy all night awful maybe I should go back to the50 patch and put up with the flushes.

Joyce

Re: Patch
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 11:40:25 AM »

Takes a while to adjust. I went from 37.5 to 50 & felt like you. I gave it 2 months, but couldn't cope with that wired feeling. If you can try & stick with it as your body may just take a bit of time to cope with increased dose.  Maybe have a word with your GP.

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 06:41:36 PM »

Anjia - It's shame you're not feeling brilliant but don't rush into changing things.
Give the new one a while to settle down like CG says, perhaps 2 months?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 08:45:55 PM »

Hi I agree - stay with it for a while - there are always side effects with any treatment especially HRT but they usually settle. Give it at least a month!

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 09:41:53 PM »

If you think it's too much too quickly then you can cut a bit off your patch and build up slowly until your body gets used to things.

Honeybun
X

Jobo

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 10:29:24 PM »

Hi may I just ask when you say you had a weird feeling what do you mean ?  The reason I am asking is because I had a very bad experience a couple of months ago and the only way I can describe it is it was like I was having an outer body experience ! I know that's sounds strange but I was very disorientated and shaking uncontrollably for approx half an hour then it stopped I thought it was because of the progesterone in my hrt as I am unable to tolerate any but I was on a higher dose of oestrogen at the time and am wondering could it have been that. Thank you

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 08:32:14 AM »

What HRT do you take Jobo and if you are in cyclical HRT what stage in the cycle did you have this experience?

Hurdity x

Anjia

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »

I am taking Estrodot 75mcg its estrogen only my symptoms are that I wake up all through the night with a feeling I cant quite explain, I just feel horrid like a gut wrenching shocked feeling by morning Im completely exhausted it really is horrible I feel unwell all the following day .

Jobo

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 05:04:16 PM »

Hi hurdity
At the time I was taking femeston 1/10 conti regime with an extra 1mg oestrogen
I think I am progesterone intolerant as any kind I take I have terrible side effects so thought
My experience was this.  I have been on loads of different types of hrt and have now managed
To convince my doctor to have ultrogestron with patch only been on this a few days but today
I am feeling side effects kicking in already really tired aching eye lids and flashing lights in my eyes can't concentrate or focus on anything !
So tired of it all.  Just want to feel well again

Angia I too couldn't explain how I felt at the time maybe I will just never know !

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 05:09:21 PM »

Jojo - I may have replied to you previously but if you are progesterone intolerant why don't you go onto a cycle - there are quite a few of us in this position who don't like or can't tolerate progesterone on a continuous basis? You'd have to have a withdrawal bleed though. If you are sensitive then probably all progestogens will have some side effects but at least the Utrogestan  bio-identical with our own bodies progesterone and therefore more "natural".  Some find the side effects subside and some find they continue to build up and get worse - if you are the latter then a cycle would be better I would have thought? How long post-meno are you and how old?

Hurdity x

Jobo

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 07:38:23 PM »

Hi hurdity
Thank you and yes I think you have replied before.  I will send you a pm

Thanks

Anjia

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 01:48:16 PM »

Well last night was one of the worse nights for a long long time I woke up about 3 o clock feeling wretched my heart was pumping I felt dizzy and sick lightheaded just dreadful when I have had this before I can calm myself down but last night it really scared me Whats so annoying is I felt fine the night before Im meant to change my patch later Im going to cut some off it so scared to sleep now!!