Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Premique Low Dose unavailable  (Read 3693 times)

akd1961

Premique Low Dose unavailable
« on: November 04, 2015, 07:25:38 PM »

Hi

Wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problems, I have been on HRT now for over 8 years originally as peri menopausal, the last few year I have been on Premique low dose which has managed my symptoms wonderfully, have tried to come off it a few times unsuccesfully,  About 4 months ago I got my latest prescription only to realise I couldnt get it they put me on Kliovance, this hasn't agreed with me at all and had bad side effects so now I am on nothing. Suffering badly, hot sweats, bloating, not sleeping and so so tired my body feels like it has done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.

Anyone had any similar problems and solutions.  I've searched then internet and come up with possibly Femosteon Conti, My GP hasn't been much help but have and appointment next week

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Premique Low Dose unavailable
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 09:13:27 PM »

Sorry can't advise  :-\ ……… maybe use the search button for the product? to see if others have experienced problems with the product.

Shaon1978

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 10:10:29 PM »

Hi there

I have had the same issue and was also given the same medication as a replacement and it also didn't agree with me so I went back to the doctors this week and he has prescribed me what he says is a similar product to premique its called indivina and he's given me 1mg/2.5mg only taken my first one today so don't know if I will start to feel any better.

Might be worth asking your GP for the same product....

Sharon x

Annie58

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 08:38:57 AM »

Hi
I'm in the same boat with the Premique low dose.  I was prescribed Elleste Duet which does not help my sleeping pattern as I'm so hot at night.  Going back to the GP this morning to ask for an alternative (non bleed) HRT.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 12:42:17 PM »

Personally I would try Femoston if you are having to change as this seems to be the best tolerated of the combi tablet HRT types (from what we read on here) - typical of docs to choose the next cheapest ie Elleste! However I can understand why they might choose Indivina, because although it has different oestrogens (Premique is a mix of horse oestrogens whereas all the other are estradiol - bio-identical - to our own), the progestogen is the same albeit a different dose. Since it is the prog which often causes the problems then I can see this is a good idea initially!

Hurdity x