Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Diarrhoea, anxiety and heartburn in that order  (Read 3194 times)

Footymum115

Diarrhoea, anxiety and heartburn in that order
« on: October 14, 2015, 08:53:34 PM »

Hi I'm new to forum and this is my 1st post from my holidays that's how bad I feel, apologies if this has been asked before.  I started Peri menopause 4 years ago at 38 years old, I've suffered extreme headaches required days in hospital, palpitations, had umpteen tests for them as it was thought I was too young. Got over most of that with just odd palpitation, all tests clear. About 2 years ago upset stomacs started had endoscopy/colonoscopy all clear, I am a coeliac with IBS, they settled a great deal with just odd upset stomach here and there. But last 6 weeks have been worst of my life, been sent home work numerous times with terrible bouts of diarrhoea and/or anxiety attack/palpitations.  Can put up with sweats but this is awful, nearly cancelled family holiday last week, I'm here now but it's a constant worry about having diarrhoea as it just hits me, nights are worst especially after dinner just constantly worried about going anywhere, just tnite it hit me, taking lots of immodium just so can get out at night and heartburn is awful too last couple of weeks, which I last suffered in pregnancy 12 years ago. Any tips for things to try I've tried relaxation techniques, videos. I have got an appointment to see menopause clinic but it's 3 month waiting list. I'm back on my pill to I decide if I want hrt, I'm so miserable, got insomniat oo, menopause sucks! Not had period for 8 months the only blessing.  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Diarrhoea, anxiety and heartburn in that order
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 09:42:01 AM »

:bighug:  we have ladies here with IBS, Coalic and other gut upsets, I'm sure someone will be along soon.  On holiday is THE WORST place to be ill and being away makes any anxiety much worse = loose bowels  >:(

Keep hydrated.  Relax, if family want to go out and about then send them so that you can rest near the bathroom  ;).  Don't feel guilty!  You are poorly …… no different to if you were suffering from a heavy cold.  Feet up!

Heartburn can come with meno as you will see when you browse around. 

As for needing the loo after eating, that's how the body is designed.  Eating stimulates the gut to move  ::) think of a puppy that needs to 'go out' after it's meals; or a baby that fills it's nappy whilst being suckled  ::).  Although 'natural' it can become a problem and being away from home can make it worse.

Rest!  How long have you been on the birth control pill?

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 02:44:03 PM »

Any improvement this afternoon?

Footymum115

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 03:37:22 PM »

Well survived the holiday......Just. had a terrible Saturday was stuck in room for 6 hours, spent half week on immodium just to relax me and get me out.

Just feel anxious all the time now especially after eating I've been on my pill on and off for a very long time but just recently put back on it few months ago.

I suffered awful heartburn when I was pregnant with my son years ago, and its back now with a vengeance hence why I think it's my hormones.  I'm a very active person I run and coach a girls football team but this is affecting my life, moods I've lost weight too as I'm not eating as much.   

I'm thinking hrt is option to try but no idea which type. I've tried relaxation techniques, videos, audios.

Feeling lost tbh.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 03:48:40 PM »

I remember 'surviving' holidays  :'(.  Wasn't until I got home that I knew if I'd been OK/not!

Maybe book an appt with the Practice Nurse to discuss your symptoms, does she run a Well Woman Clinic?  Heartburn is 'common', probably hormone related. 

Footymum115

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 10:47:06 PM »

Getting urgent endoscopy on Wednesday, just feel so miserable.

I have booked myself into a menopause clinic at end of this month and I've heard they are excellent without judging which is what I feel people/some gp's do.  Until you go through Peri menopause or menopause just dont think Some people understand it at all. It's horrible and if one more person tells me I look ill, arghhhh!!!

Footymum115

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 11:52:08 PM »

I'm thinking my gallbladder too although I'm not in that much pain, Got bloods taken tday so will see what they show. Endoscopy won't show gallbladder probs I don't think anyhow.  I have had duodenitis for years. Found out clear of helicobacter tday. Just hoping it's hormones playing havoc with ibs and stomach acid. Frightening to know what hormones can do. Be glad to get tmrrw over with.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 09:28:30 PM »

Any news  :-\