Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Skin tingles  (Read 3643 times)

spacebear3

Skin tingles
« on: November 02, 2015, 11:57:19 PM »

Has anyone else experience tingling skin? Like when someone gently brushes up against you and gives you a tingling sensation? Or sometimes "traveling tingles" like little goose bumps running down your skin?

I have read "paresthesia" is common in perimenopause...just wanting others experience.

Galadriel

Re: Skin tingles
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 08:22:43 AM »

Yes - me too. It feels like someone has just brushed my left shoulder blade and like sparkle, I get muscle twitches in random places when stressed, tired and anxious - most of the time in my case  :(

It seems to be worse when I'm in the office. The days I work from home it's not so noticeable. Looks like the office atmosphere is bad for my mental health!

Galadriel x

libby1

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 10:11:21 AM »

It was my first peri symptom. There's lots of previous posts on it too.

Libby
x

donnacrichton

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 10:07:19 PM »

My first symptom too x

Janeyp

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »

Hello
Yes skin tingles and itching - I'm taking chelates magnesium - 1000mg a day split into four doses - I think it's very helpful for lots of things - a nice calmer for the jangles of peri!
Best wishes
Janey p

holidaylover

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 11:38:00 AM »

Yip, me too. Feeling it this very minute, like tiny ****les up my thighs.  Often starts in the morning like this and progresses into an itch, until my whole body crawls!  Twitching muscles too. Think I'll give the magnesium a go. Read an article yesterday where this was someone's side effects of gluten intolerance so I'm going to try cutting this out diet for a bit to see if there's an improvement, although I've a cake in the oven as I write!  :-\

DebsMK

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 03:17:23 PM »

I had this on the top of my scalp and it drove me mad!  It was mainly in the evenings when I was watching TV (unless this was when I really noticed it) and was very distracting.  It went completely when I went on to HRT.

Janeyp

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 05:25:55 PM »

Hello Sparkle doll face
Because it's chelated there are no side effects in the old Tum!!!
My whole food shop turned me onto it! It's really good stuff and can help with crazy peri meno head anxiety!!! Flaxseed oil is good gear too! Even tho I'm on the hrt I like to support my system as best I can and these two are my faves - lack of magnesium can cause untold symptoms for us ladies - I'm a bit fick headed today and can't remember what exactly but look it up and it should tell you
Keep on riding the tiger X
Janey

holidaylover

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 07:47:57 PM »

Would it be okay to take magnesium whilst already taken a multi vitamin supplement which includes magnesium.  Can too much have adverse reactions?  I have a bottle of magnesium with calcium and vit D3 in cupboard and getting a bit confused as to what I should take. 

mandypepe

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 08:03:11 PM »

I didn't realise tingling was a symptom til I read a post on here a few weeks ago. Mine are mainly down my arms as though I have a long hair out of my head laying across it or little spiders. And on my forehead and down my cheeks and scalp. And then like little electric shocks in my breasts.