Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Trying to get back to normal! !!  (Read 1916 times)

MPK

Trying to get back to normal! !!
« on: November 02, 2015, 10:00:54 PM »

Hi, I'm new here!! I'm thirty eight, just had full hysterectomy and I'm trying to find my feet.It's been nine weeks since surgery and every now and then I'm still exhausted.is that normal?I recently started HRT and while that seems to be going good I feel kind of lost. Again has anyone else felt like this? ??

Joyce

Re: Trying to get back to normal! !!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 10:21:12 PM »

Hi there & welcome. I'm trying hard to remember. I had my hysterectomy 23 years ago at age 36. It's a major operation & it can take it out of you. Are you working/back at work post op? I wasn't able to go back until 8 weeks post op.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 10:13:14 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM MPK
You've had a big operation and your body has to get settled with the hormones as well.  Give yourself time.
I assume you've been given just oestrogen? The HRT will take about 3-6 months to really do it's stuff and as you are young you may need to increase the dose. 
cubagirl has given good advice and hopefully others who have had a hyster will be along with support.
Keep us posted.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 04:13:27 PM »

Hi MPK

:welcomemm: from me too!

Have you had a total hysterectomy + ovary removal? As the others have said it's a major operation and 9 weeks is a very short time to recover. If you've had the above op (not just womb + cervix) your body will have been thrown into hormonal shock so no wonder you are feeling lost - even if the lesser operation - it's still a major event and I can imagine there would be a psychological impact as well - not to be under-estimated - even after you recover physically.

What HRT are you taking?

In the meantime have you seen the info on this site? I expect you were given lots after the op but here is a link:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/aftermeno.php

Do keep posting and tell us how you are!

Hurdity  x