Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Smelly Hoovers  (Read 5365 times)

robotwars

Smelly Hoovers
« on: October 30, 2015, 07:28:18 PM »

Does anyone know how to make a hoover smell nice. when I use mine it smells awfull, I have cleaned the filters but it doesn't help................. I just cant stand using it at the moment as the smell makes me feel quite sickly!!!!!! so now im only using the broom..........................this is my second hoover that has done this, I bought a Henry thinking that would be better but it's gone the same way........................ what does everyone else do, does anyone else have this problem????????

Joyce

Re: Smelly Hoovers
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 07:31:29 PM »

My dyson doesn't smell, but I can remember when I had bags in a hoover they got a bit smelly. You used to get deod thingys you could put in the bag to help with smells.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 07:35:12 PM »

My mother's hoover is the same and I don't know why. I clean it regularly but it still stinks. I have to admit I blamed her dog but maybe it's not that at all.
I have been looking for a freshener to put in it because it does make me gag.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 07:39:37 PM »

:-\ …….. never had a problem with our hoovery-thingy even when we had pets.

How about some Shake&Vac/baking powder/talc/lavender stems in the bag/filters ……… have a look in the service manual?  Buy new filters?  One of our machines got fluff all the way up the handle so Himself had to take it apart every 3 months or so and give it a Very Good Shake! 

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 07:51:04 PM »

Neutradol do a good deodoriser for vacuum cleaner bags. Well they did - not bought any lately. You can buy them on Amazon I think.

Taz x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »

mine is a bagless upright and is very good.  I sometimes get a slightly doggy whiff so I wash out the Perspex cylinder and drop a few blobs of essential oil in there. I also make sure I clean out the filter regularly as that gets really clogged and smelly. 

robotwars

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 08:38:52 PM »

Thanks for all your replies, I'm know going to try them! Thankyou :)