Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Here's a Positive Thought!  (Read 2362 times)

Kathleen

Here's a Positive Thought!
« on: October 31, 2015, 10:14:31 AM »

Hello ladies.

I've just thought of something that has given me hope for the future and I wanted to run it passed you all. The science types amongst you may have a better understanding of the issues but as always all opinions are welcome.

I've been reading the article written by Prof John Studd in yesterday's Guardian supplement and he mentions that added testosterone is useful for increasing energy, boosting mood and improving libido. I was wondering if the increasing influence of male hormones could explain why older women report a return of energy and good mood. In other words, as our female hormones reduce our male hormones have greater impact and this results in a natural increase in testosterone.
I recall one member report her GP saying that the menopause meant that she was becoming more like a man! Maybe this  process is what he was referring to?
Anyway ladies, it gives me hope that Mother Nature is kind to us after all and that although we may look and act more manly as we age, at least we will be happy and enthusiastic again. Better a happy old bloke than a miserable old lady.

Wishing everyone well and take care all.

K.

marras

Re: Here's a Positive Thought!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 10:59:20 AM »

Oooh, that's something to look forward to eh?! Don't mind becoming more like a bloke but I don't want the beer gut thanks :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 12:09:54 PM »

Interesting.  Would be lovely if GPs could prescribe it though  :-\

orchid

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 12:40:55 PM »

I received testosterone from Prof Stud along with Oestrogel back in 2011 at the height of menopause, but I had to stop the testosterone as I started to develop facial hair and greasy skin! Not pleasant. However, a great man and a life saver to many women.

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 01:28:28 PM »

I'm also using Testim from prof studd, I've had great results in terms of libido

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 04:16:53 PM »

My GP told me that added testosterone would cause my voice to drop.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 04:55:30 PM »

I've found this which is interesting - not sure how accurate it is of course http://www.everydayhealth.com/low-testosterone/women/

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 04:57:13 PM »

:thankyou:  will read later