Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Nightmares?  (Read 3539 times)

Nightmares?
« on: October 31, 2015, 07:43:36 PM »

Has anyone experienced more frequent nightmares/disturbing dreams in peri? I usually don't dream much during the night, but on weekend mornings when I get to go back to sleep after letting out the horses I usually dream very strange things nowadays. Sometimes I'm thinking it's not quite worth going back to sleep if I end up waking up confused/startled/sad/scared... Weird and annoying...!

Kathleen

Re: Nightmares?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 08:01:06 PM »

Hello 20032003.

Yes I've noticed my dreams are a lot more vivid since the menopause struck. Actually sometimes they are lovely and sometimes scary and unsettling. I assume this is linked to disturbed sleep, even if we don't wake up, we may toss and turn.
I read somewhere that higher oestrogen equates to better quality sleep so falling hormones probably means the opposite. I remember wondering why my mother became such a light sleeper when she was in her forties and now I know why!

Here's hoping for a lovely rest tonight, though with all the witches about that may be hard to manage ( a good night's sleep? Maybe there's a spell for that! )

Take care.

K.

rosie c

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 09:12:23 PM »

Same here... lots of vivid dreams,  the occasional nightmare, lots of waking up at 2pm.. and have become a very light sleeper. Oh, and now i snore a lot too ! Have never snored in my life but am now getting the odd kick from the OH to shut me up  x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 11:46:01 PM »

I've always dreamed.  For years when deeply depressed I had such bad nightmares that I was afraid to go to sleep  :'(.  My ADs give me very busy, involved, long dreams …… not necessarily particularly bad.  We have a dream thread somewhere  ::) …… so it is a recurrening theme.

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 07:49:06 AM »

Mine aren't "blood-and-gore" nightmares they are just weird dreams that make me stressed in some way. Something I've lost, something I've forgotten, something I've done wrong...etc. Which is annoying enough, because it usually affects me for at least part of the day.

Chi chi

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 11:31:48 AM »

I don't tend to dream very much or if I do I can't remember them? Don't we need to be in deep sleep to dream? I wondered if this is why as I don't ever feel like I've had a good sleep

Claireylou

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 11:39:27 AM »

My dreams have become far more vivid since I started perimeno.  This is probably going to sound very weird but I get lots of dreams about breast feeding and having another baby  :-\

I couldn't breast feed any of mine due to medical reasons so it's something I've always missed doing.

Sorry if that sounds weird but yep disturbing, weird dreams are more prevalent for me too

Chi chi

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 12:37:37 PM »

Sparkle, hubby wasn't actually that bad last night  :o

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 04:30:58 PM »

My dreams can be very very weird. Last week I dreamt hubby had shaved his chest and was standing in the garden with his shirt undone showing me when I was at the window.

It doesn't get stranger than that  ::)

I mean why  ;D

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 05:00:51 PM »

My brain picks up an item of News, mixes it with someone I haven't seen or thought of for years++ and develops it into a story  ::) …… never logical. Sometimes I can think 'Oh I know what triggered you'  ::)

Sometimes I remember the dreams  :-\