Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding and irritable using Evorel conti, advice please  (Read 2849 times)

Goosieloosie

Bleeding and irritable using Evorel conti, advice please
« on: November 07, 2015, 08:06:00 PM »

So I know I've only been on HRT for 2 weeks (evorel conti) & I was feeling so good, sleeping amazing, all heat intolerance has completely gone & I actually feel the cold again, mood swings had gone & I felt generally much more tolerant and less anxious and then........ I began with the dreaded breakthrough bleeding 3 days ago  >:( now I expected this to happen but the bleeding has become more of a proper period now, quite crampy with little bits of tiny clots in it (sorry to be so graphic), I assumed breakthrough bleeding would be more of a pinky discharge or just a bit of spotting?? To top it all  I also feel very tense and irritable & have snapped my dear husbands head off a few times today, it's just like good old PMT  :'( I am almost 54 and until I began HRT I hadn't had a period in 14 months, nothing, not even discharge. I'm so disappointed as I thought HRT was brilliant this time last week! To top it all we're going away for my birthday weekend next weekend  :'( Is it normal to bleed as heavy as this in the beginning of using a conti? Should I persevere or is the amount of bleeding not normal? Im not flooded but rather medium flow like a normal average period.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding and irritable using Evorel conti, advice please
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »

Nothing is too much info on here  ::)

:hug:

I'm sure someone will be along.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 08:17:33 PM »

Pretty much par for the course and I'm afraid you just have to go with it. It took me six months before my bleeding and then spotting completely stopped.

You need to let things settle, it will happen but two weeks is really no time at all.
 Hope you feel better soon.

Honeybun
X

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 08:25:52 PM »

Hi GL - The progesterone in Evorel Conti can make many women feel edgy and snappy.
I use Evorel Conti now but I used to take the Loestrin 20 BCP which has the same progesterone as EC. When I first started the Loestrin (having changed from Microgynon)  I was so so crabby my poor OH got his head bitten off far too many times.

I don't know enough to comment on what is normal for breakthough bleeding, I only know it's to be expected.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 10:06:22 AM »

If you haven't had a period for that long - then even though post-menopause your womb lining may have thickened slightly as oestrogen continues to be produced and only decreases to its lowest level around 2 years following the last period. Even though you are on a conti HRT it could well be this lining that is coming away, but if you are very worried then do contact the doc for reassurance. If this is the case it should ease off so that you just get spotting.

Unfortunately the pms symptoms could well be the progestogen - norethisterone - as Limpy says. If this doesn't settle after a few weeks then maybe a different HRT patch (Femseven) might suit you better?

Hurdity x

Goosieloosie

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 01:36:39 PM »

thank you for your replies. I'm still bleeding quite moderately today, identical to a period but I will persevere for a while longer & see what happens. I'm definitely feeling better overall and so badly wanted this to work. Fingers crossed it will settle.