Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Bath or shower? Shampoo and/or conditioner?  (Read 24729 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Bath or shower? Shampoo and/or conditioner?
« on: August 15, 2008, 11:58:55 AM »

I've just been to the stores for new shampoo and conditioner and bought bubble bath too ... will have to put the latter on my 'wants for C.mas' List  ;) - so that family know what to buy me!

I love my bath.  Lots of bubbles, good book, cuppa:  I also love a shower when the weather has been really hot!  If I'm in a hurry I will shower and shampoo ...... if I have time I will rinse off shampoo and walk around with the conditioner in for 10 or so mins.  I did try one of those 'adds shine' to your hair but I didn't notice any difference  >:(

If I had all the money in the World I would have a head massage and foot massage daily  :-*

Comb or brush: straighteners or curlers?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 02:46:00 PM by Pepper »

Sparkly

Re: Bath or shower? Shampoo and/or conditioner?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 04:03:14 PM »

Definitely bath but would use shower occasionally if I had one.
Shampoo and conditioner-John Frieda Frizz ease..... say no more!
Brush and afro comb
Curling tongs to smooth it out a bit.

Karen
x

DIPSY

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 04:26:18 PM »

Shower most mornings, bath when time to lay back and enjoy. Curling tongs every time, have hair as straight as pump water. Love Dipsyxx

Jax

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 04:47:39 PM »

I haven't had a bath in years!  ;D 

I always shower as I find it more refreshing and it takes less time, therefore more time available to carry out other pursuits.  I always put the plug in the bath as this allows for my feet to have a good soaking as well.

Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine shampoo and conditioner
Any shower gel with lavender
Boots baby talc

Weekdays I towel dry my hair then give it a quick whizz under the hairdryer hoping that the style will not resemble a birds nest when it's finished.  Weekends I finger dry my hair 'cos I'm in relaxed mode. I spend more time on it when I'm going out; that's if hubby ever takes me out!  I love having my hair washed at the hairdresser especially when they deep massage in the conditioner. Makes me feel very relaxed and sleepy but I can't seem to do it to the same effect at home.  :'(

Luv Jax x  :worm:

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 05:23:38 PM »

Electric toothbrush or hand-held?

DIPSY

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 05:44:44 PM »

Original Source lemon tree shower cream every time, smells like a lemon grove I saw in Italy last year. Dipsy

Micki

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »

I bath once in a blue moon  ;D
Pink grapefruit shower gel  :)
Hair (what is still attached  :o ) seems very dry and brittle and I look like the wild woman of borneo most mornings so I just shampoo and condition and leave.  I'm trying to find a conditioner that works on it just now  ???
Battery operated toothbrush
Mineral Crystal deodorant block
Michelle x

Tricia

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 08:55:23 PM »

I would love to be able to have a bath but I can't due to RA and joints not being so supple, I can get in but can't get back out again, I therefore stick to showers  :D I use Johnsons baby bath with baby oil mixed in it as I have extremely dry skin and find this is the only thing I can use to help, I use John Frieda blonde or frizz ease depending on how I feel, I like to alternate from time to time, since hair is now short I don't really need the frizz ease, I use Vasaline Intensive Care Moisturiser, the yellow one since they changed the packaging, it is the only one that stops me itching and keeps my skin so soft.
Sorry to ramble but you asked the question  ;D

Toothbrush, used to use crystal deodorant block but my daughter dropped it once and it smashed to smitherines  :-\ I have not seen one since.

Love,

Tricia :-* :-* :-*

juliamd

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »

Shower mostly and use what ever is on 2 for one offer in supermarket!!
shamppoo aussie miracle stuff at the mo seems pretty good.
Poppinsxx

Ellen

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 09:08:05 PM »

I love a bath every night.  I have an aversion to water hitting me from above - imagine the pickle i'm in this summer with all the rain!  ;D  I don't use bubble bath but love L'Occitane soaps.

I use both an electric toothbrush and an ordinary one.

Go to hairdresser's twice a week for a blowdry as I'm useless.

I like reflexology but haven't been lately as it's got very expensive.

Ellen xx

Tricia

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 11:18:49 PM »

I have reflexology on a regular basis as it just makes me feel terrific, it also really keeps things ticking over nicely.

Love,

Tricia :-* :-* :-*

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 09:13:04 PM »

Off for my bubble bath with very good book ...... see you in the morning  :whist:

gilaray

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 10:14:46 PM »

Shower,shower shower. Never have a bath. Shampoo and conditioner every day. Have to as wake up with more than a passing resemblence to Wurzel Gummidge. The night sweats just play havoc with my hair

gilaray

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 10:23:51 PM »

Electric toothbrush, once you've used one you can never go back. Toothpaste - arm and hammer enamel care and advanced whitening. the dentist recommended them and they are excellent.
As for deodrant, tried the 'natural' ones but they dont work nearly as well as their ordinary counterparts.
Liking Dove roll on at the moment
Face - No7 protect and perfect serum and day cream. Make up - none, bare faced
Body - dove pro age

elfie

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 11:10:51 PM »

shower as i have probs getting out the bath. and use all coordinating shower gels, matching body lotions ect. even down to the perfumes,
at the mo im using timitae shampoo and conditioner (was on special but its lovely)
i like to let my hair dry naturally if poss, id use straighteners (if i can find the damm things lol)
er tooth brush

and i shave my legs dont wax
not allowed a head massage (apparently it dont do angina patients much good) something to do with blood flow????
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6