Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Just wanted to say hi!!  (Read 1585 times)

Goosieloosie

Just wanted to say hi!!
« on: October 26, 2015, 06:39:50 PM »

Hello all!! Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a member on here for over 2 years but never needed to post before until yesterday!  I've been more of a lurker/reader really until I was given my first round of HRT on Friday!
I'm 53 (will be 54 in 3 weeks) and post menopausal, my last period was 14 months ago. Steadily I've been feeling crappier & crappier, so short tempered that me & my hubby have almost parted ways after nearly 31 years together  :'( things got really bad recently and it doesn't help that my libido was non existent either  :(. Anyway I'd had enough, constant crying, snapping, irritable, got to the point I couldn't even stand the radio on first thing in the morning, the list goes on except I was fortunate  enough not to have hot flushes although I was pretty much always very hot & clammy having to sleep with a fan on every night even in colder weather. I had been to my GP a couple of years ago when I was still having periods & she said they only give you HRT if you're having hot flushes  :-\ so I left the surgery and continued to struggle on for another couple of years. So on Friday I saw a lovely young locum lady Dr who was quite happy to prescribe me HRT!  :D seriously I could've hugged her  ;) as I suffer from Migraine (which have also gotten worse during the last few years) she has given me patches instead of tablets. On Saturday I put my first Evorel conti patch on & yesterday I hadn't really noticed any immediate difference apart from a few period like cramps but today....OMG I woke up & felt so alive!! Me & hubby actually had morning sex which is something that hasn't happened for years  ::) I really feel today that I'm crawling out of a long dark tunnel, I feel so much better already. I do have achey boobs though, you know like just before a period & they feel heavier aswell but I guess that's to be expected. I'm so hoping that this works for me and that I don't have any really bad side effects as I want this good feeling to stay with me forever, I can't believe what a difference it has made to me already, I feel like the old me again! I don't want anyone to ever take my HRT away...it's mine  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just wanted to say hi!!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 06:59:26 PM »

Little steps.  There is a page for husbands on here …….. have you read it?

Browse round!

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 07:52:27 PM »

So glad things are working out for you Goosieloosie (though when I read your comment about 'lurking' I couldn't help thinking that 'turkeylurkey' would be a better name for you  ;D  )

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 07:59:59 PM »

Chickenlickin …………  ;)  :-X

robotwars

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 08:04:07 PM »

welcome to the forum, so glad your feeling better, I love your name goosieloosie

Goosieloosie

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 08:08:57 PM »

welcome to the forum, so glad your feeling better, I love your name goosieloosie

Thank you  ;D

And as for chicken licken and turkeylurkey....I was thinking HennyPenny....if my name was Penny  ;) Doh...I'll go now..... ::) Nice to meet you all though  :)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 09:26:17 PM »

You'll fit right in  ;D