Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Provera - post menopausal bleed - still bleeding!  (Read 3432 times)

mrspinkrat

Provera - post menopausal bleed - still bleeding!
« on: October 25, 2015, 08:51:10 AM »

Hi all
To cut a long story short, after 18 months period-free, out of the blue I had very heavy bleeding. This was checked out and I'm happy to say everything is ok.
To stop the bleeding in order to perform a TV ultrasound, take a biopsy and make my life easier I was put on Provera. This worked like magic and within 2/3 days the bleeding had stopped. The gynaecologist told me to slowly reduce the dose over the next week to 10 days before stopping it completely - which I did.
My concern is that now, 10 days after stopping the Provera I am still steadily bleeding...
It was heavy for a couple of days and then I thought it was slowing but now seems to have steadied out at a medium type flow. I was told to expect 'a few days' of post Provera bleeding but it's coming up to 2 weeks! Is this normal?
Thank you xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Provera - post menopausal bleed - still bleeding!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 12:51:24 PM »

If thinks don't settle in the next week or so, I'd try to contact the gynae again for advice - you may need to stay on the Provera for a while.  DG x

mrspinkrat

Re: Provera - post menopausal bleed - still bleeding!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »

Thank you - I think you're right!