Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hair  (Read 2462 times)

OldBird

Hair
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:57:10 PM »

Hi everyone :)  Would be so grateful for some help.

Hit late 40's  and there is hair sprouting everywhere, well mainly the face area.  I have a moustache and goatee - if I don't keep an eye on it :(  Hair is also sprouting on my neck :(  So it's getting very embarrassing :(  I'm continually checking for hairs.

The hair on my scalp also gets greasy so quickly. I've tried shampoo's for greasy hair but none of them work :( and my hair is like a oil slick by day two. 

My mum says it's a sign of the menopause (an annoying one at that) as she had a similar problem with hair and still has, she's 84 now.

honeybun

Re: Hair
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 10:07:17 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

Yes it's a common problem....oh the joys of meno.

If you look for a thread called My Chin you will see it discussed there.

I will have a look and see if I can find it for you.

Honeybun
X

OldBird

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 10:13:50 PM »

Thanks Honeybun :)  Will search for the thread.

My hubby thinks it's funny   ::)  I have more hair on my chin than he does on his head!

At least I know it's the meno - like you say oh joy!  :'(

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 10:14:47 PM »

I've found it and bumped it for you.

It will make you smile if nothing else. ;D

Honeybun
X

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 10:45:40 AM »

My hubby thinks it's funny   ::)  I have more hair on my chin than he does on his head!

There must be a future for hair transplants - then all of us ladies who have unwanted beards and moustaches could pass our hair onto balding men and we'd all be happy  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 11:16:01 AM »

Not sure my hubby would appreciate my blonde hair on his bald patch as he has dark hair. ;D It would certainly be a conversation starter.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 12:12:48 PM »

Hi OldBird

:welcomemm:

It is an unfortunate symptom (or whatever you like to call it!) of menopause. I have read that it is a consequence of oestrogen to testosterone ratio falling. ie oestrogen drops considerably at menopause but tesosterone is falling all the time - so there is more testosterone relative to oestrogen, even though testosterone is itself falling and can also give rise to other symptoms ( such as loss of libido etc).

I use HRT and also testosterone but the hairs seem to have kept their distance from my face - I mainly just have to pluck the odd few hairs from the corners of my upper lip about once a week or so - I'm sure most of us have to do this!  Not sure what they would be doing if I wasn't on HRT - maybe I'm just lucky  :).

Glad your hubby is amused OldBird - at least you're not having to worry about his negative reaction!

Hurdity  x

Winterose

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 12:54:27 PM »

Hurdity BTW - how is the testosterone going ? Do you notice any improvements, ?

Hairs on chin etc : just get a good mirror and a very good pair of tweezers and never let a day go by without checking ...........they sneak up overnight

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 04:33:09 PM »

Don't they just  :o  and I hate it when the one I'm tugging breaks  :-\

OldBird

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 10:23:52 PM »

Thanks everyone  :)  So friendly and so helpful it's great.  :) :) :)

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with greasy hair - head this time rather than the very irritating places it's deciding to sprout elsewhere  >:( I've tried shampoos for greasy hair and they don't work, it's greasy the next day.  I've tried googling it but it's all adverts for shampoo that I have tried or about the onset of puberty - hey perhaps I'm going to change into a teenager again!  ;D ;D ;D