Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Clocks going back less sleep?  (Read 5775 times)

Spangles

Clocks going back less sleep?
« on: October 25, 2015, 07:57:13 AM »

Hi Ladies
I wake at 4am every morning, I just can't go back to sleep and believe me I've tried all sorts but without success.
I'm worried now because the clocks go back, that means that I'll be waking at 3am!
I'm worried because I'm exhausted now, does anyone know how I can make this better?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

jorainbow

Re: Clocks going back less sleep?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 09:52:20 AM »

Hi Shellb! My body clock takes a few days to get into sync when the clocks change either way and I think this is fairly normal. Things to help your quality of sleep (as it's not the amount but quality that counts really) no stimulants or late eating, little or no alcohol, gentle exercise and relaxation - all will help.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 10:00:23 AM »

You will still be getting the same amount of sleep though.

You are going to bed an hour earlier by your body clock but your brain will adjust very quickly.

I got myself thoroughly confused this morning. Changed all the clocks before we went to bed. Set my alarm for 7:15 on my mobile as I usually do. Wakened up when it went off, looked at my bedside clock which said 6:15. Could not figure it out at all. Came through to the kitchen and the other clocks were all the same. Every thing was except my mobile. Turns out I had not set it to change time automatically. Well that was a great start to my day....I've been awake for hours  ::)

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »

Still not changed kitchen clock.  ::) Well I'm ickle & I have to climb on a chair, then reach over kitchen sink. That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it.   ;)

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »

Don't know why we can't just leave the time alone now, the change was brought in during the war to give the farmers more daylight hours.
I just worry about being exhausted as I don't go back to sleep and have a very demanding job. I'm off at the moment as I am having a lot of being tired issues, I am also waiting results from blood tests for anaemia, diabetes and thyroid. All I want is a good nights sleep because not enough is making me ill.
So sorry for moaning.
xXx

bramble

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 12:01:28 PM »

My sleep pattern in the last few months is all to pot. After normally sleeping within 5 minutes of switching the light off and not waking during the night, I am now not getting off to sleep and then when I eventually do, I waken at around 4am. Not sure if it will settle down again or if I need to try and couple of nights of Nytol to jolt me back into my normal pattern. Only good thing is I don't work so can sleep on in the morning to catch up.

Bramble

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 12:34:42 PM »

Feeling quite pleased with myself as I've managed to alter the forum clock to the new time.

Gosh - totally forgotten that one  :o

Thanks Prajna  :thankyou:

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »

I stayed up later last night to try & fool my body clock. Did it work? Nope!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 02:17:21 PM »

Shellb - it's because you are worrying about not sleeping that you wake - when I had problems I would wake to see if I'd been asleep  ::).  The night I decided: (1981): not to worry, I began sleeping properly.  Not every night but those that I either don't drop off or those when I wake intermittently don't bother me. 

Linsey44

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 07:27:27 PM »

Shelb after nights of no sleep. Last night i took a 2mg circadian tablet. Result was I slept from 1030pm till 8am-during which time i got up to toilet around 2am and went straight back to sleep.  Couldnt tell you the last time i slept like that.

If you are interested google them as you can get them from an online chemist without prescription, maybe worth a go.

Not something i intend to do nightly but maybe once a week to re-charge my batteries.  Maybe once you have tried them and if they worked youmcould ask your gp for them on prescription.
Linseyx

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »

Is this the same as melatonin Linsey?

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 07:57:29 PM »

Found this information about it - the article is from the M.E. website but it looks like it may be available on prescription for over 55's http://www.meassociation.org.uk/2008/06/melatonin-as-circadin-becomes-available-on-an-nhs-prescription/

It's used very successfully to counteract the effects of MDMA comedown and also jetlag of course.

Taz x

Linsey44

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 08:01:32 PM »

Hi Taz. Similar but apparently not to be confused with melatonin from vitamin suppliers. - i had tried them and didnt find them helpful.

Someone i know told me their daughter gets circadian from gp as she is slightly autistic and this helps her brain slow and calm down and help her sleep.  She was on a much higher dose than 2mg.

My hubby also uses these tabs when he comes home after 2 or 3wks offshore doing 12 hr nightshifts. It help reset his body clock.  This is why i had them in house and thought i would give them a go.

Linseyx

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 08:04:14 PM »

It is good stuff. It is often used for children with sleep disorder but I didn't realise it was available on prescription for adults. Strange that it only seems to be for over 55s though.

Taz x

Linsey44

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 08:09:59 PM »

Hi Taz

Found this http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/brain-and-nervous-system/medicines/circadin.html

It says that using with hrt may slightlynincrease its effects / side effects. 

I am considering asking gp for private prescription, think this would be handy to keep in house for when lack of sleep gets to me.
Linseyx
Pages: [1] 2