Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femosten query update and another query  (Read 2820 times)

Shelby

Femosten query update and another query
« on: October 12, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »

Hello all, I started Femosten 1/10 two months ago.
I am 50 and I have been having bad peri symptoms and very very irregular bleeds ( 11 between Jan and Aug one of which lasted 21 days, the rest were 7 days full on) crushing fatigue, terrible black moods, add in a whole list of other symptoms too.
Doc prescribed the above to try and settle things down as a trial for three months...
Month 1. I was "over " my due date for a bleed by about ten days, but doc said as my cycle was a mess just to start the HRT anyway. White tabs first, brilliant within days I had more energy than I had had for several years, day four experienced the worst cramps I have ever had. Day 6 the worst anxiety I have ever had...but all in all I felt increasingly like a new woman. Second set of tabs ( grey ones) PMT symptoms start, but fairly minor, bleed occurred in the second week of taking grey tabs, day one was very heavy, but then got a lot lighter and lasted 5 days in total brilliant !!,
This month again felt wonderful on the White tabs, started grey ones and bam bad PMT symptoms started. ..... But no bleed....just started a new pack today of the White, still nothing..
Sorry for the rambling post, but is this usual? Starting to worry a bit now, no chance I am preggers btw...
Is this normal? at some point taking this type of HRT would / should periods stop?
Confused as ever
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:52:26 PM by Shelby »

dazned

Re: Femosten query
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 12:25:40 PM »

Hi as I understand it it's a sequential hrt therefore you would expect a bleed each month after taking the grey progesterone tabs,this could be a couple of days into starting the white estrogen ones. Most of us tend to be a bit ropey leading up to a bleed like you sometimes would get through our younger year's. I've just finished my progesterone for this cycle and this weekend alterneted between curing and wanting to punch someone !  ;)

Shelby

Re: Femosten query
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 12:30:26 PM »

Ahhhh I thought ( as it happened in month one) that I would get a bleed during the combi pills.... Doh..
I guess I have a way to go yet before things settle down? Getting fed up with what feels like body trying hard to have a period, yet not happening ( so far!)

Shelby

Re: Femosten query update another query
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 12:51:25 PM »

Hello again lovely ladies, this is a follow up to previous query
As I mentioned above second month no bleed, month three had a very slight period on week one of white tabs, hurray think I, but it just isn't switching off. Just getting small clots when I wipe a couple of times a day. I have started the grey tabs still no change and starting to get the crushing fatigue too. So feeling pretty fed up again.
So my question is, do I persevere? Only into month three, should I continue for longer.?
Should I be asking to up the dose? I am on the lowest 1/10....?

Month one I felt fantastic so feeling crushed that it's suddenly gone pear shaped again...
Thanks as ever  S xx
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:53:15 PM by Shelby »

Dancinggirl

Re: Femosten query update and another query
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 05:01:30 PM »

Shelby - do continue as it can take 3-6 months for the your body to adjust to a particular HRT.
I also wouldn't blame HRT for fatigue - there can be so many reasons for fatigue e.g. low grade virus etc. Perhaps your body is telling you that you need to rest.  I have come to terms with the fact I need to pace myself better and actually make myself sit and relax, do some Mindful Meditiation and basically chill more - as a result my energy levels are certainly better. Increasing the dose is not always the way forward.
Try to be patient.  DG x

DebsMK

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »

I have been on Femoston 1/10 for around a year now and it took around 6 to 8 months to feel that my body had settled down.  I have recently been experiencing the clotting you speak about and have started other symptoms such as the insomnia I had before HRT, headaches, tiredness, period type pains, crawling skin, aches etc etc.  I have been given a packet of the Femoston 2/10 to try next month to see if things improve.  I would say stick with the 1/10 for at least 6 to 8 months  :)

pepperminty

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »

Hi,

speaking from experience, stick with the 1/10 for at least 6 months. I increased the dose to 2/10 when I wasn't getting the results I wanted and it was a mistake. It really does take e few months for it all to adjust. Don't worry when you get your period as when I started they were all over the shop, at the end of the pack on day 21 , at the beginning of the new pack, lasting 2 weeks and now my last period was a week. I had tiredness and cramps and horrendous PMT to begin with. Unfortunately it just takes time. Just pop it all in a diary and then you can track your progress and see how you fare.  Good luck and try not to worry.

Peppermintyxx