Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Pregnenolone  (Read 6025 times)

SilverFairy

Pregnenolone
« on: October 22, 2015, 09:15:38 AM »

Does anyone here take pregnenolone?

SilverFairy

Re: Pregnenolone
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »

Im amazed that no one has ever tried pregnenolone for HRT reasons?!
Obviously, I have done loads and loads of research and started on a very low dose and increased very slowly.
After 6 weeks - no flushes, less aches and pains, clearer mind, increased motivation, more concentration, more energy and the only thing that has actually worked for my arid lady garden :)  I have also added progesterone - what a rebel eh?! ;)

Everyone is different and NO ONE on this forum is an expert on menopause/HRT, and everyone must do their own research if they use this 'product', which is a naturally occuring hormone. But if we are going to move forward in this area we have to try new things.

Pregnenolone, is a precursor hormone and produces oestrogen, progesterone, testesterone, DHEA etc. It is said it will make what the body needs, unlike DHEA which I probably would never take.
Sub lingual or micronized tablets are the best. Normal tablets dont seem to have an effect and transdermal are too weak.

I hope this helps some of you. Conventional HRT (and I swapped around many times) didnt help me, nor did any herbal remedies.

TheDuchess

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 04:26:34 PM »

Never ever heard of it and do consider myself somewhat of an expert on HRT and menopause. (Haha!)

SilverFairy

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 06:00:22 PM »

Hi Duchess *waves*

I first heard about the hormone on a thyroid forum, I have Graves disease. Apparently, it can help with Adrenal Fatigue which is common in thyroid conditions. I decided to give it a try because I still had some bad symptoms even though I was 'clinically' in remission.
I think I probably owe my Endocrinologist an apology as she insisted they were caused by the menopause rather than the Graves, and after the results Ive had, I agree.
I have to say, that anyone taking pregnenolone should have their sex hormones tested. A friends levels went up considerably after only 6 weeks, she now just takes a low maintenance dose.

Peterspots

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 07:41:48 PM »

I have an underactive thyroid. Interesting especially the lady garden. I came off evorel as I has joint pain as a side effect. Almost gone now & will be trying estrogel but would be interested to learn more about pregnenolone as I have been under a lot of stress which I think has effect my balance (hormones)

Briony

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 07:55:24 PM »

Thanks for this. Never heard of it but sounds interesting. Is there any mention on it within the site's reference notes?

SilverFairy

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 06:39:41 PM »

Hi EnglishRose, many people with hypothyroidism have andrenal fatigue. If you Google those two lots of info comes up. Having too much oestrogen is bad for hypo's as its an anti thyroid hormone.

Hi Briony, I dont think so. I did a search on the forum and it didnt come up there either. I think its still 'controversial' but so was HRT many moons ago  ;)

SilverFairy

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 07:10:24 PM »

EnglishRose If you suffer from dryness, have you ever tried a product called Hyalofemme? I tried it before the pregnenolone and it made a real difference. It has been researched and is also a healing agent.
Here's a paper, comparing it to oestrogen cream  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23574713

Peterspots

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 07:14:30 PM »

Thank you silverfairy. I am trying vagifem for a 2 week dose. I'm really low with it as it effects my urethra/bladder & I have face tingling/mouth pain. At a point of what to do next. Thank you for replying