Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hiya- newbie  (Read 2060 times)

Scorpio48

Hiya- newbie
« on: October 21, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »

Hiya,

A gp in the practice advised me to have a look on here......and I'm so glad I did.  ;)

I've been suffering for months really not knowing what was ailing me....foggy thinking, short fuse, v.irregular periods.....etc...etc.".and then hot flashes, flushes  and finally night sweats.....so I thought I'd go down the black cohosh route....which I tried for two months with not much success with any of the mentioned, so I visited the GPs, who mentioned HRT. Went away and thought about what had been discussed, looked at info from yourselves, weight the pros and cons up.....and returned two weeks later, I then came away with a prescription for Elleste 1mg.

I wanted to ask a few questions about Elleste which I've been taking for three weeks but should I do this on the HRT thread???
Yes I'll make a decision......I will....  ;D
Thanks

Dancinggirl

Re: Hiya- newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 02:15:26 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Scorpio48
Do tell us a bit more about yourself e.g. your age? Are you still getting periods etc.?
I assume you have been been given Elleste Duet?  This is a sequential HRT which should result in a withdrawal bleed after you finish the full pack  - the bleed usually comes in the first couple of days after starting the next pack. Elleste often works well for many women but finding the right HRT type that works best for you can be a bit trial and error.  Sadly too many women think the one first prescribed for them is the only available and if they develop side effects they then give up.  You may do really well on this one but do keep us posted and we'll offer advice if needed.
Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up.  It's good to hear your have a GP who is well informed and prepared to give you appropriate treatment.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 02:29:10 PM »

Browse round, let us know how you get on!

Scorpio48

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »

Hi DG and CLKD.
I'm 48...v soon to be 49.
V irregular periods, last one being April, and yes it's the Elleste duet 1mg.
Married with one teenager  ;) and a big animal fan and dog lover
I don't work due to looking after my mum and I am a keen cyclist.
I'm just getting my head around my prescription for HRT as its a subject that no one seems to talk about. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 04:27:23 PM »

Except on here >wave< ……… ask away!  We have a dog breed thread too  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 05:28:16 PM »

Hi Scorpio48

:welcomemm: from me too!

Good luck with the Elleste and hope it does the trick. I tried the Cohosh for a while to no avail so also take HRT  :)

Hurdity x

Scorpio48

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 08:00:08 AM »

Thanks Hurdity and yes I'll certainly look into the dog breed thread CLKD.X