Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: "Blooming"  (Read 4807 times)

LynC

"Blooming"
« on: October 22, 2015, 08:31:06 AM »

Hi, First of all thanks for all the helpful replies to my first post regarding my first period after 6 months :).

My bleeding has eased off and is not so heavy this morning.

I also wanted to ask something else. As I said before I had a few months of feeling tired and run down but for the last couple of months I have been told I look great. My skin is better than its been in years, my hair looks very shiny and feels like silk , it is growing faster even my hairdresser commented.My nails are stronger and growing fast too. Friends have commented on my hair and skin and how good I look that I look like I'm "Blooming".   Anyone else experienced this or is it the calm before the storm lol.

;D

LynC

Re: "Blooming"
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 11:24:13 AM »

;D I understand ! a few months back I thought about removing all mirrors from the house lol. 
Glad I didnt because now I'm continually admiring my hair, its always been dry and straw like so now I LOVE it  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 12:41:31 PM »

Savour it.  HORMONES  ;D - sounds similar to some ladies when they are pregnant  ;)  ???

Snapple

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 12:42:03 PM »

LynC - I am only a month into a different bcp and my once oily hair has improved, and my spots have gone and my skin is almost, almost dewy!  And, whilst I am not in the first flush of youth, I really do think I look a bit younger!  I was looking very wrinkled, ashen and decrepit for a while!  I'm sure I read on a US site that hrt in whatever form helps to keep us young looking.  Enjoy your bloom!
Snapple.

LynC

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 01:52:21 PM »

Savour it.  HORMONES  ;D - sounds similar to some ladies when they are pregnant  ;)  ???

Someone actually asked me if I was pregnant lol.

LynC

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 01:54:44 PM »

LynC - I am only a month into a different bcp and my once oily hair has improved, and my spots have gone and my skin is almost, almost dewy!  And, whilst I am not in the first flush of youth, I really do think I look a bit younger!  I was looking very wrinkled, ashen and decrepit for a while!  I'm sure I read on a US site that hrt in whatever form helps to keep us young looking.  Enjoy your bloom!
Snapple.

Glad you're feeling good :)  . I'm not taking anything at the moment and hope to struggle thru without it. I'll enjoy this while it lasts

Snapple

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 02:36:33 PM »

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.  Your own hormones are clearly a lot more benevolent than mine were; jolly good for you!

LynC

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 02:43:03 PM »

Well its early days Snapple so I may not be this lucky for long lol. xx

LynC

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 03:46:58 PM »

Its fun isnt it!   ;D   I just sent my husband the list of all the symptoms on the "Advice for husbands" thread. He said "Wow" how many do you have. I told him only 4 of them so far but be prepared  ;D

I think he's just relieved I'm not pregnant  :)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 04:25:10 PM »

Make the most of it while it lasts ;D 

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 04:29:56 PM »

Sounds like you're enjoying a mysterious oestrogen surge. Very nice.

Back before peri menopause I always knew when I was ovulating because for 3-5 days my skin felt much smoother, and my hair silkier and my complexion was really dewy.

Among my Mum's friends you could usually visibly tell which ones were in HRT because they looked 10 years younger than their actual age.

Dorothy

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 09:14:30 PM »

Just bear in mind my new peri rule.  When anything good happens - ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!!!  (Because it's unlikely to last long  :( )

LynC

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 09:21:36 PM »

Ah well um thanks for that I think  ;D ;D   
So glad I found this place where I can get good advice , reassurance AND a good laugh :)