Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Early morning/waking, depression anxiety  (Read 12578 times)

lesley998

Re: Early morning/waking, depression anxiety
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 10:25:12 PM »

I don't wake particularly early CLKD.  I wake most mornings about 7.30 when my hubby gets up for work.  I don't think I am depressed now.  I was treated for depression and anxiety many years ago after the birth of my son, but it felt completely different from this.   It reared its head again three years ago hence the fluoxetine.  GP said it was hormonal ...related to pregnancy, peri menopause.  I don't feel anxious or depressed during the day.  I just have this awful feeling of dread on waking in the mornings which makes me feel leaden, and sometimes scared.  The thought of dealing with normal every day life just terrifies me ..then an hour later or so, I am absolutely fine. It must be some sort of chemical imbalance surely...it's not my imagination, and I have no reason to feel so gloomy.  I just wondered if it was known in meno. 

Honeybun, great advice.   Also,  I really want to simply get out of bed...it doesn't feel like procrastinating, I almost feel paralysed.  Even though I know I will feel much better when up and moving.

Sparkle...yes, I do have the most vivid dreams, regularly.  I joke that every night it's like going to the pictures...never know what I am going to see!

Mary G, I was on Prempak C.  Visual problems exactly as you describe, like a diamond kaleidoscope in my eyes. 

Thanks for all the advice,  will go back to GP I think and discuss.  I don't really want to revisit HRT but maybe fluoxetine dosage needs to be looked at or something.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 10:50:32 PM by sweet pea »

Night_Owl

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »

Hi SP, I can identify with everything you've said and just wanted to relay my experience as it may be relevant - since (early-ish) meno hit c.9 years ago I've never been good in the mornings, however lately it's got much worse. 

This was discussed at my recent review appointment at the meno clinic - as you well know, as we age estrogen levels continue to fall - although the body still continues to produce a certain amount of estrogen into 50s - then it can 'bottom out' and plummet further.  I'm 53 and the doc feels in my case that natural 'background' estrogen levels have dropped still further.  I am on an ultra low dose patch which has now been increased.  I can't say I feel great (yet) but slightly better in the mornings. 

What do I know, just a suggestion - it may be that your natural estrogen levels have dropped further and may be at the stage where they now need a top up.  Low estrogen levels can be the cause of the early morning dreads / adrenaline / cortisol surges, often starting from 3am.  Maybe you could request some estrogen blood tests from GP.

I get hideous migraine too (that came back when my periods stopped) - from trial and error, I now know mine are worse *without* the (low dose) patch.

I hope you find a way forward. 

Night_Owl
x

lesley998

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 10:35:23 PM »

Thank you for the reassuring post Night Owl.  'The early morning dreads'. That's exactly it.

Will discuss with GP.
Thanks

Mary G

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 11:33:16 PM »

Sweet pea, that's definitely scintillating scotoma which was probably triggered by the progesterone part of the HRT. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 12:18:51 PM »

People can be clinically depressed without being aware of what depression feels like.  Early morning wakening is a typical sign. I woke in deep fear every morning anytime after 3.30 a.m. :'(

Honeybun: "Early morning ………. " including depression  :-\  : the title of the thread . …….  7.30 isn't early.  Early is anytime after 2.30 a.m.  :-X
Dazned - that was my suggestion. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:23:01 PM by CLKD »

Mary G

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 06:54:21 PM »

Sweet pea, I hope you don't mind me asking but have you every had an eye migraine either before taking HRT or since coming off it?  Did you ever take the birth control pill and if so, did you get it then?  I am asking because I have been really baffled by it and wonder why I didn't get these migraines when I was on the pill and why it only started when my own progesterone levels dropped off and the artificial ones became dominant.  I have asked numerous doctors about it but have never been able to get any clear answers.  The only thing I do know is that in my case, the only cause is the use of all types of synthetic progesterone which includes the Mirena coil and Utrogestan (bio identical) - one doctor said that it is probably because 100mg of Utrogestan in one go is too high for me.

warwick01

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »

Hi

Just to add.... I am 56 and the early morning dread along with anxiety has got worse recently for me. However I know every time I try to reduce my HRT it makes the mornings feel worse, I wake with butterflies in my stomach. Once I increase again the butterflies stop, therefore it must be estragon.

Wx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 09:51:41 PM »

Thanks. 
Pages: 1 [2]