Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: You are too young!  (Read 4912 times)

LouE

You are too young!
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:06:14 AM »

Jeeeeeze how many folk say this to me when i mention im hot? They automatically say oooh you arehaving a hot flush, i agree and then they tell me im being silly as im way to young! Im 45, and at the moment im sitting under the air con fan at my work to stay cool, its lovely too  :)

But in all seriousness theres a great ignorance about this perimenopause, ive spoken to many of my female freinds and they dont know, they assume you stop getting periods, have a few hot flushes and thats it!! I really do wish it was discussed more!

Nina

Re: You are too young!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 06:42:56 AM »

Hi Lou

Well I guess if you have no problems then you don't know they exist if you know what I mean? That was true for me anyway.

Menopause? Ha, that's for wrinkly old ladies not young girls of 40  :o

Oh to be ignorant  ;D

LouE

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 07:17:53 AM »

Yeah if they dont know then the assumption is they have no symptoms, then i mention it and they are like "oh i get that"  ;)

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 07:50:35 AM »

My cousin was post menopause at only 28! Her Mum was post menopause at 36!

The 'average age' is 54 I think? Which means millions of women are much younger and millions of women are much older.

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 10:28:31 AM »

That is becoming my most hated phrase - "you are too young".  Was out with a group of ladies recently and one had a hot flush and took her cardigan off.  No one commented.  A few minutes later, the same thing happened to me and everyone was going "oooooh, you shouldn't be doing that, you're way too young".  Which of course, drew the attention of everyone in the room.  I can understand the ignorance and jokes from women who haven't yet been through it, but to have it from those who are in the same boat really annoys me.  I told one woman I'd started early, hoping it would shut her up, but she just kept saying 'oh, no, you're too young, it's just your imagination' - like peri is something you would WANT to have early.  Grrrr!   >:((Rant over!  :))

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 10:52:20 AM »

Oh Dorothy, I know just what you mean. Some mornings my ankles are so stiff and painful that I am limping. People are so heedless and unconvinced. Yes, because I really enjoy coming down stairs one at a time, like a toddler.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 12:16:32 PM »

Next time Dorothy jump onto the nearest table and shout facts to those watching.  "Menopause can begin at any age even as young as 28! Stop showing your ignorance to something you should be aware of!" then walk out  ;)

Maybe carry a few fliers from MM to hand out to those who are stupid enough to let their thoughts out of their gobs!

Dorothy

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 09:30:03 PM »

Oooh, that is so tempting!

Just look out for the headlines:  Woman in court charged with causing public disturbance by standing on table in restaurant and shouting. 

Defendant claims "I was suffering severe menopausal symptoms at the time"

Judge rules "You can't have been ... you're too young"    ;D

(CLKD, as it's your suggestion, I hope you'll visit me in prison  :) )

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 06:29:48 PM »

I will bring DH to cook 4 you ………..  ;) …… if you give Fair Warning, I'll jump on the table with you  ;D

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 06:42:31 PM »

Great idea - maybe we should do a mass protest.  How many menopausal ladies can the average table take?  ;D ;D ;D

Dorothy

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 09:21:29 PM »

Hope none of our members are in the police force  :o  Might be having blue flashing lights turning up at our doors if they are  ;D

Thanks for cheering me up ladies - can always rely on MM to put a smile on my face!

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 09:28:40 PM »

They're coming to take us away, ha ha, ho ho ……..  ;)

However: I have been repeatedly told 'you're too young' from about the age of 6  ::)  either that or 'you're not old enough yet' ……