Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: My Yaz Diary  (Read 13684 times)

Dorothy

Re: My Yaz Diary
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2015, 06:14:50 PM »

Probably means you just don't get PMT Chi chi as I always used to get it on my pill break, as did my friends.

Chi chi

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2015, 06:54:47 PM »

I never used to suffer at all, until now  :-\ since coming off birth control pills/pop my periods have been much worse, heavier and longer  ::) makes me think/wonder if the pill has been masking everything? Both my daughters suffer with their monthly's

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »

I was prescribed The Pill at age 16 at my request due to heavy , painful periods.  I took it for 11 years.  Bleeds were lighter ……. on a 32 day cycle.

PMT didn't begin for me until after I was sterilised  :-\ ……..

Chi chi

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2015, 09:39:43 PM »

Day 10

Hope this doesn't carry on much longer, it's getting really quite hard  :-\
Woke up again feeling crap! On edge, anxious, jittery, nervous, head all over the place and my thoughts skitting from one thing to the next, mainly analysing how I feel  :-\ it feels like it's just consuming me at the moment and the constant tummy churning dread.
Trying to get on with things but not really wanting to. I really really don't know how some of you cope with all this and work  :o I admire you!

H-1
E-1/2
A-3/4
M1/2
A-0/1

Briony

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2015, 10:00:34 PM »

If it's any consolation, I am feeling similarly - nausea, light headed, anxious/jittery. Am also constipated and my boobs are buzzing (seriously). I am trying to see it as a positive sign that at least this pill - day 4 - is doing something, but I was rather hoping it would do something else!!!

Chi chi

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »

I don't seem to have any physical effects yet, headaches have been much better though so that's a plus I suppose. Just wish this persistent low mood would bugger off! I feel like I've turned into a monster, can't bear anyone near me, even hubby  :-\ everything and everyone is just irritating me  :-\
I'm temped to try a bit of Oestrogel to see if it helps?

Briony

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2015, 10:00:18 AM »

My partner came home late last night after a week working away. First thing I did was apologise in advance  for anything I might say or do in the near future (I am getting that PMS feeling ...)! x

Chi chi

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2015, 10:09:53 AM »

Pms that's exactly how it feels, although I e never really experienced it, just read about it. How did he take it? I bet you're glad to have him home though  :D

Chi chi

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2015, 03:14:37 PM »

Really struggling today  :-\ actually debating wether to come off or carry on but not sure how long I can carry on like this?
I'm waiting to have a chat with prof Studd (as he was the one who prescribed)

Chi chi

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2015, 05:37:18 PM »

I had to email him in the end as we kept missing each other, I explained that I felt my mood had really plummeted and that I felt very anxious, on edge and could hardly bear to be around anyone and that it was horrible and scary to feel like this. I asked if its normal or to be expected to feel like this until things settled?
He replied and just said to stop the Yaz and to call him in 3 weeks to see how I was feeling? I asked if I should start the gels again and he said yes.

Hubby's worried I've panicked into stopping and that maybe it's just a short term problem for a longer term benefit?  :-\

Briony

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2015, 10:52:11 PM »

I know it's easy to say looking from the outside, but I really think you need to give it a fair trial. Otherwise, I think you will always be asking 'what if'? In all honesty, I nearly stopped both  hrt and Q within the first month, and only continued after a few strong words from forum members. I'd be fibbing if I said I hadn't considered stopping Marvelon in the last 24 hours - I twice have considered it and I'm only on day 5! - but I think I need to try and ride it out a bit longer, even if it's only to confirm in a month or so that this really isn't for me. Guess we both still need to work out what are  the short term, inevitable side effects and what's a sign of long term intolerance, if that makes sense?

It's rare for hormonal medication to work quickly. They seem to take several months - rather than weeks - to have an impact. In the same way, if you had a severe vitamin deficiency, taking a supplement would take a while to have an effect. Ditto ADs where you often have to feel worse to feel better?

I wouldn't add extra estrogen as that might even make you more on edge (I think that's my issue at present). Let your body get used to what is already a leap from what you were previously taking. I'm trying to see what's happening to me at present as a sign that at least it is doing something. I guess we need to try and ride the side effects storm before we can begin to assess if it's going to be any help?

Have you thought about possibly taking something like Diazepam in the short term?

Really wish I could wave a magic wand for you (for all three of us, in fact!) but since I've no supernatural powers, I'll send you a hug instead  :hug:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:55:05 PM by Briony »

Briony

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2015, 10:13:26 AM »

Hope this doesn't carry on much longer, it's getting really quite hard  :-\
Woke up again feeling crap! On edge, anxious, jittery, nervous, head all over the place and my thoughts skitting from one thing to the next, mainly analysing how I feel 

This does sound like your body getting used to more estrogen. I'd not consider 'topping up' with Estrogel for the moment. Could make things worse?

Chi chi

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2015, 11:05:35 AM »

Thanks Briony X
I didn't take my Yaz last night, just so unsure now as to what to do  :-\ at the start it looked promising as the down days were every other day but then it went to every day, it was getting unbearable  :-\ I can't risk sinking that low and how long do I carry on in the hope it'll improve?  :-\
Anyway this morning I've gone back to the gels while I figure out what to do next??
I have noticed this last week that I've felt very hot, even hubby commented it was strange as he was freezing and I wasn't? It's always been the other way round. My legs /feet have been really irritating me too, restless legs and feet feeling like they're on fire!

Briony

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2015, 12:40:05 PM »

I feel for you. It must have been a difficult decision. Have you thought about giving it a longer trial, but taking an AD temporarily? That would at least give Yaz time to get into your system properly and suppress ovulation.

Interesting to see the response youve had on your other thread from Alice. Maybe she can help with how long side effects might last?

Alternatively, you have the Qlaira-with-gel-if-necessary option? The only thing I'd say with Q is you wont feel the benefit immediately. Days 8-10 of pack one were when I got side effects most, but it was much longer before I felt really well.

Chi chi

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »

Thing is I already take an AD at maximum dosage as well as a mood stabiliser albeit a low dose, have tried quite a few AD's in the past, none of which really helped which is what led me to hormones and prof Studd.
I hadn't seen Alice's reply, good job you mentioned it  :)

I've still got 3 months supply of Qlaira sitting here but just don't know  :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]