Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Itching all over body  (Read 6738 times)

ariadne

Re: Itching all over body
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 12:52:07 AM »

Thanks Stella Jane. I do need to go to the doctor I know. There is never a rash or redness. Tonight I cannot sleep and have come downstairs to distract myself by reading and because I am keeping my husband awake with my constant fidgeting and itching. No sooner have I scratched one itchy patch than another begins somewhere else.

I am starting to dread both bathtime and bedtime - I just want to be able to lay peacefully in bed and get to sleep!

I think it's hormones or blood. I am not on HRT, just Vagifem but am over 60 so I don't think I would be offered HRT if it was thought that hormones were to blame.

My brother, sadly, has end stage kidney disease and has cheered me up by telling me that all over itching can be one of the first signs of kidney or liver failure.  Hopefully I can get blood tests that will rule those out.

Ariadne xx

ariadne

Re: Itching all over body
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 01:01:14 PM »

Thanks Stella Jane, I am going to make the appointment tomorrow.  I had just 3 hours sleep last night and today my legs are still itching which is very unusual - I don't normally suffer this badly in the day.

I've just taken a Piriton - will see how that goes.

Thank You
ariadne cc
Pages: 1 [2]