Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Itching all over body  (Read 6737 times)

michelle123

Itching all over body
« on: October 21, 2015, 01:52:52 PM »

Hi can anyone help please; all over body itching remedies?

Dancinggirl

Re: Itching all over body
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 02:16:56 PM »

Can't think of anything to help this except a good moisturiser. HRT stopped my skin itching. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »

:welcomemm:  for me it was a drop of oestrogen.  I would itch across my shoulders after my evening bath, my insteps itch as I get out of my socks at night  ::) ……..

Do you itch all the while?

For me it's under the skin somehow ……..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:24:17 PM by CLKD »

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 04:38:22 PM »

michelle123

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 06:52:52 PM »

I get it on my back occasionally so much so hubby bought me a back scratcher.

Thought you had always itched CLKD ....some do and it's not our imagination either.

Michelle, have you gone through the usual check list.....change of laundry detergent....shampoo, body soap....moisturiser......any foods that are causing problems.
I'm afraid it's trial and error....once you have ruled out the obvious then you can put it down to hormones.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »

Only since the oestrogen dropped off.

I did have heat bumps my my 20s which itched like fury, mainly under elastic lines …… or backs of knees and behind elbow creases.  I would wake itching in the night.  Never discovered a cause.

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 07:40:47 PM »

Sorry....I thought you were an itchy child.

I was, but mainly due to be stuck in hand knitted woollen jumpers which itched like fury.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 07:44:11 PM »

The heat bumps were a bother for years and I had a reaction to strawberries around age 11 - it turned out to be German measles which wasn't found out until blood test at age 23! 

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 07:50:42 PM »

Must have been mild Ruebella then CLKD if it was missed. How long did it last for ?

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »

I can't remember.  It was Summer 2 weeks off from School to pick strawberries so there were lots about.  Picking season went on for weeks and as several of the younger kids had a rash, it was assumed ….. too much fruit and sugar GP said.  When I entered the NHS a blood test as part of the Medical required showed that I had been infected.  I didn't get mumps either …

My besestest freidn had German measles 3 times - she was the eldest of 6  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 07:57:53 PM »

German measles can make you very unwell.
Not as bad as actual measles.

Just makes you glad kids these days are immunised.

Honeybun
X

LellyM

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 03:54:07 PM »

If you tend to have hot showers, knock the temp down a bit as the hot waster can make yr skin drier and prone to itching *as a lifelong eczema and psoriasis sufferer I know all about itching!).

L

Briony

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 09:43:56 PM »

I agree with the others: if you've ruled out all other causes, then hormones are a likely culprit. I used to get it badly a few days before my period, though strangely, it returned temporarily when I started the pill. Only lasted 48 hours but it was horrid. Creams and Piriton did nothing, but cold flannel was v soothing!

ariadne

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 05:53:24 PM »

I hope its Ok to add my own itching problem to this one. I didn't want to start a new one as I thought that michelle123 might not see it.

Ive been suffering with all over itching for some years, mostly triggered by showers, sometimes by baths and recently at night. I am 100% certain that the cause is not external and although I have tried to put it off, I really will have to visit the doctors about it as it is becoming very distressing.

I have fallen into the habit of taking antihistamine and painkillers before going to bed and although the itching will take half an hour to fade, it has meant I can sleep through the night.

Last night I decided not to take any tablets and could not sleep for constant itching on my right knee and left shoulder. No amount of scratching or cream would stop it and eventually I got up at 3.30am.

Today, and right now my left shin is itching madly and i have scratched and scratched in vain. 

It sounds such a minor thing but  if you think of an image of someone being attacked by a swarm of bees and who is running madly around flailing their arms about, this is how it feels to me. It feels like a form of torture.

I think I have put off visiting the doctor about this because I am afraid they will ask if I have changed washing powder or moisturiser etc. and I am absolutely convinced this random itching with no rash or redness, is not due to any external cause.

Michelle123, is this the same kind of itching you are experiencing?

Ariadne xx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »

My scalp itches a lot.  Across my shoulders this week.  It is hormonal ………… as oestrogen drops off.  My insteps have been OK for about a week  :-\ but it will be back I'm sure.
Pages: [1] 2