Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: So HRT IS SAFE after all  (Read 34118 times)

Limpy

Re: So HRT IS SAFE after all
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2015, 12:22:03 PM »

Peri is horrid.
I think it started for me when I was 43, I had no idea what was going on, and that was whilst using the BCP!
I didn't even think about meno at all till I was 54 and had to come off the pill.

The BCP masked some of the issues but even that didn't stop the violent mood swings, definite aversion to sex or dry sore lady bits.

Prajna is right, we older ones do have the luxury of "the long view" things are not as raw.
Gosh, being older has it's benefits, who'd a thought it!

Joyce

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2015, 12:42:48 PM »

:)

Limpy

« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2015, 01:50:47 PM »

Teresa - It really masked it for me.
You don't know your periods have stopped because you get withdrawal bleeds.  ::)
It was only when I stopped it that I realised my periods had stopped.
Initially after I stopped the pill I was enjoying not filling my body with chemicals.
I had flushes which were copeable, VA which needed local oestrogen.
Things weren't bad for 6 months after which my MS kicked off big style.
Oestrogen has a definite calming influence on MS (pregnant ladies don't get relapses)
A spectacular fall sent me scuttling to a GP with a brain, armed with articles describing the influence of oestrogen on MS. She gave me Evorel conti patches, for which I am so so grateful.

Dorothy

« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2015, 02:13:59 PM »

I'm looking forward to it!  Having started peri symptoms at 35, I'm hoping I might see the last of my symptoms by 50...roll on half-century!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2015, 05:27:15 PM »

I think starting with peri menopausal symptoms just as you turn 40 is brutal. I fully expected to have at least another 10 years before dealing with menopausal hassles.

Instead, they hit me like a sledge hammer just after my 42nd birthday. I feel that the menopause has stolen 10 years of my life. And 10 very important years when I still needed to be at the top of my game with a challenging job, pre teen children to take care of, a large family home to run and a husband often working away for days at a time.

The fact that I will (hopefully) be out the other side of menopause at just the time when my friends will be heading into it is actually very, very poor consolation. Because by then our DCs will be away at university, I intend to have given up work and DH should be semi retired (if all goes to plan).

So by then the menopause won't impact on my life nearly so much.

Briony

« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2015, 05:58:06 PM »

I keep hearing colleagues in their early thirties saying there's 'no rush' to have a baby and secretly I want to scream at them 'yes there is!'. If I knew at 29 what I know now, I'd have played things so differently ...

(Nature's cruelty joke is that I cant even think that having never given birth, at least everything's in prime condition down there ::).  * There's nothing sexy about menopause!).

* For once in my life, I'd be very happy to be proved wrong on this!

Limpy

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2015, 06:23:30 PM »

(Nature's cruelty joke is that I cant even think that having never given birth, at least everything's in prime condition down there ::).  * There's nothing sexy about menopause!).

* For once in my life, I'd be very happy to be proved wrong on this!

Briony - You are so so right

honeybun

« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2015, 07:58:42 PM »

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and youth is wasted on the young.

Please tell me to mind my own business but have you considered adoption. My sis has two adopted children and now four grand kids too. She had fertility issues in her 20s so knew from that point she would never be able to have a family.
Please ignore me if I have gone too far.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2015, 08:08:24 PM »

Good point Honeybun - new thread? 

honeybun

« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2015, 08:21:53 PM »

Bit of a personal thing CLKD so that's why I told Briony to ignore me if she wants  ;)

Honeybun
X

lancashirelass

« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2015, 08:31:32 PM »

Adoption is not for everyone, as a woman who was also unable to have children due to.endo it is one of.my biggest bugbears when someone says have you.though about adoption.  It is a long stressful process i know someone who went.through it the child did not gel and it nearly destroyed her.   

honeybun

« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2015, 08:42:21 PM »

It is a very difficult thing to do....but incredibly rewarding if it works out.

Certainly not for everyone though.....and it was very different in my sisters day.

Honeybun
X

Briony

« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2015, 08:45:45 PM »

I'll explain in Private Lives. Feels more secure than here  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2015, 08:57:03 PM »

Please don't feel you have to....it was a bit of a passing comment and I in no way want you to feel uncomfortable.

Honeybun
X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2015, 09:49:01 PM »

Pranja, I still can't believe that less than 3 years ago I had never even heard of peri menopause. Now I know far more about it than I ever expected or even wanted to know.

I am hoping my peri is a short one, I truly am.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9