Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Advice - Stay or change?  (Read 2580 times)

Evie606

Advice - Stay or change?
« on: October 14, 2020, 01:09:35 PM »

Hi All,

I’m coming to the end of my 3 month trial on Evorel Conti and before I discuss things with my GP next week, I’d like some input if poss.  Just to recap, my gp felt a Conti regime might be worth a try despite being peri (at least I was 18 months ago before HRT) as I’m having issues with huge surges/drop in hormones affecting my heart rate amongst other things.
 Oestrogel/Utro worst combo, felt ok on Evorel 50/Provera but had to stop due to migraines and Evorel Sequi was first HRT.
Should I give this HRT another 3 months or go back to Sequi or something else?

Bad points - Still bleeding as per my old cycle 26/28 days, bad breast pain, skin breakouts, night sweats, my own hormones still freaking out around days 12-14 and 26-28 mainly drops in Oestrogen I suspect?

Good points - Hair loss stopped, I get around 5 days per month where I feel quite good, no weight gain/minimal bloating so far.

Any comments gratefully accepted - Go back to Sequi? Do I need a higher dose HRT? Stay as I am?

Many thanks! :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice - Stay or change?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 01:46:08 PM »

Difficult.  5 better days doesn't seem much  :-\

MayB put the names of the products into the search box to see how others have manage?  Make notes?

Why did you begin HRT?  Which symptom would you like to ease?

Evie606

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 03:39:03 PM »

Hi CLKD,

I’ve searched different combos and tachycardia, Conti or Sequi etc. As you know everyone is different. Don’t want tablets if I can help it due to thyroid and only patches left to try are Femseven if/when they’re available again.

I’m not sure if it’s a good or bad sign that I’m only bleeding at my regular period time, I’ve not had any spotting either. That’s why I said I’m not sure if I need more/less/same strengths.

Started HRT in March ‘19 due to chronic waking at 3/4am, very snappy and emotional, brain fog, loss of libido, flushes/night sweats. Had been managing peri since 2016. The tachycardia didn’t start until 6 months ago.
Should add the 5 days of feeling good relates to emotional state, energy and more like my old chilled self. Sleep is good apart from at the fluctuations 12-14 and 26-28. Tachycardia and emotional state are the most important symptoms to get right for me.

Was wondering if I should email Dr Currie?  ???

:)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 03:58:38 PM »

Hi! it's certainly an option.  Let us know how you get on?

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 10:32:27 PM »

Sorry you're having a hard time. Peri is always difficult because of the surges and troughs but it does get easier as you get closer to meno. I've been on evorel sequi not conti but I did find my own cycle was always stronger than the hrt one so the bleed may be annoying but probably not worrying. As you still have symptoms I think you need more oestrogen. I think evorel conti only comes in 50? But you could perhaps add an evorel 25 patch of a pump of gel?

Evie606

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 12:20:19 PM »

Hi Sheila99,

Thanks for your input, I do think I might need more Oestrogen but not sure if my gp will allow me to increase without increasing the progesterone? I can discuss it with her next week.
I’m not too bothered about having a bleed as such but have noticed a pattern in my tachycardia episodes in that the episodes happen around the time of a bleed and funnily enough I had one yesterday and I’m spotting today.
I feel once I’m at a level to control these episodes then I’m going in the right direction. :)

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 04:03:08 PM »

If you want to be bleed free a mirena might be your best option particularly as evorel conti doesn't seem to be doing the job. I don't know the answer to your question but the dose of utrogeston is the same regardless of how much oestrogen is used so perhaps it's the same (though some people reduce utro if on low oestrogen).