Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How did this happen..?  (Read 3451 times)

LW44

How did this happen..?
« on: October 23, 2015, 02:46:34 PM »

Ok ... Been feeling good for the last I'd say about 6 weeks.. I'm on hrt haven been for just over 3mths... Still had a bit of anx that I would feel bad again..but not everyday... Been Xmas shopping..making plans..going out..enjoying things again.. Till last Sunday... Felt pmt prior to Sunday.. Feelings washing over that couldn't cope and tearful..but nothing I couldn't handle.. Till Sunday...when out shopping had that awful doom/black hole feeling followed by hot flush ... Started period the next day and been downhill from there...feelings of fear and blackness washing over me on and off all day. For last few days.... Started with the thought "it's back". . I'm now I'm despairing... I'm trying not to... My period just finishing...it's been really heavy this time.. Will this lift ?? Xx

Briony

Re: How did this happen..?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 09:00:17 PM »

Big hugs - we have all been there !

Apologies if I get this wrong, but aren't you in peri and taking sequential hrt? If so, it's possible your own hormones are just kicking in (or out) a bit more than they have recently. It's probably just an annoying blip and will resolve itself v soon. Do you take separate progesterone?

Co-incidentally, only today, I was talking to my gp who was saying how hrt when you're still peri menopausal can sometimes create its own issues as it tops up but doesn't totally control your hormones. Hopefully your system will re set again soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 09:31:48 PM »

Yep.  Been there, known as 'set backs': often worse than the original symptoms don't you think 'cos we have been lulled into thinking we are better.

this too will pass  ;) - HORMONES  >:(  ::)

LW44

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 10:29:21 AM »

Thanks clkd :-)

Hi briony. yes peri... only 1mg oestrogen only at the moment as couldnt tolerate the progrstrone..i need to get a hold on it.. relaxed last night :-)  but woke up with jolts of anx... i know ive caused my nervous system to go a bit haywire... feel bloody awful with black feelings. - but im 9ff bridesmaid shopping with my sis for my wedding next yr..so hoping it fades as day goes on x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 01:37:52 PM »

Do you tell your sister?

I wasn't aware that 1 could buy bridesmaids  ;) ……  :whist:

Could you have a regime where you use progesterone occasionally? and up the Oestrogen to a dose which eases symptoms?

LW44

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 04:05:22 PM »

haha  ;D

yes my sister knows.. she's great !   its not been too bad..just sinking feelings... but when distracted goes... im due to see consultant again in 6 weeks... to discuss further options.. he was happy with my progress last time... think i need some more cbt which i can get through work x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 04:07:28 PM »

Make that list! to take to your next appt..

I don't tell anyone how I'm feeling 'cos they start watching me and asking how I am so I have to make decisions which might alter several times a minute  ::)

Did you find a bridesmaid ……..  ;)

LW44

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 04:43:26 PM »

will do :-)  i just need to calm down and remember its just my hormones so it doesnt trigger anx..
 well found lovely dresses but my daughter and niece dont like ! so back out again tomorrow !

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 04:44:38 PM »

"My wedding next year …. "  we haven't had a MM wedding lately  ;)
As long as you know what you are wearing  ;)

Briony

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 04:47:31 PM »

Thanks clkd :-)

Hi briony. yes peri... only 1mg oestrogen only at the moment as couldnt tolerate the progrstrone..i need to get a hold on it.. relaxed last night :-)  but woke up with jolts of anx... i know ive caused my nervous system to go a bit haywire... feel bloody awful with black feelings. - but im 9ff bridesmaid shopping with my sis for my wedding next yr..so hoping it fades as day goes on x

Did you try it taken vaginally? It seems to cause the fewest side effects that way.

LW44

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 07:06:35 PM »

yes getting married again at 45 !  to an absolutely amazing man :-)  got my dress at beginning of year

not yet briony.. was waiting to settle down then try alternatives x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 09:00:28 PM »

Do we have a date yet  ;) ………

LW44

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 09:40:43 PM »

21st April  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 09:41:31 PM »

St George's Day ? …….. nope, that's the 23rd  :-\ ………

:congrats: ……..

What was the question again  :o