Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femoston and short of breath  (Read 2453 times)

michelle.b

Femoston and short of breath
« on: October 18, 2015, 05:20:12 PM »

Hi i have been using this site for quite sometime now and its been a godsend and wealth of information, but this is my first post. I am 49 post menopause and taking femoston ultra low dose. I have found lately that this dose wasn't enough so doubled the dose (with GP permission)still only 1/5 which helped with the awful itching dryness and constant uti's. The only problem being is about an hour after taking them I'm getting chest pain/ palpitations and shortness of breath, the palpitations ease of a bit as the day goes on. I went back to my original dose of 0.5/2.5 and this stopped almost straight away. Im planing on talking to my GP to see if i can try another type but so far have tried Premique low dose, elleste duet conti and all have made me feel miserable because of the progesterone, the femoston is ok on the lowest dose but makes me feel really down on the slightly higher dose.
Sorry to ramble on a bit but feeling at a loss as i know and accept i need HRT to help with flushes and dryness but really don't know what to try next.
Thanks for listening Michelle xx
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:25:44 PM by Molly66 »

Taz2

Re: Femoston and short of breath
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »

Hi Michelle - just wanted to welcome you. I'm not sure of the answer to your question but someone with more knowledge will be along soon I am sure! It can take quite some time to find the right HRT so don't despair!

You might also like to post in the New Members section as more members will possibly see your post and want to welcome you.

Taz x  :welcomemm: