Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Sorry this is so long but I'm desperate  (Read 10233 times)

peacemakerukuk

Re: Sorry this is so long but I'm desperate
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 01:00:07 PM »

Hi all,
I'm back and desparate yet again :-(  I'm on week two of pack two now and started bleeding yesterday and not the 2-4 days after the end of the last pack which is weird.  Problem is the bleeding is now really heavy and I don't know when to panic.  I'm getting through a super tampon every hour and the bleeding is still getting through to the sanitary towel I'm also wearing.  I've changed the towel x3 today.  It feels absolutely dreadful.  Everytime I move I can feel the blood pouring out of me (TMI I know I'm sorry).  Thankfully I'm not in pain but this amount of blood is worrying me.  Could anyone give me an idea on what I can do.  I didn't take the tranexamic acid yesterday because it seemed to be quite mild the bleeding yesterday but overnight its turned into a torrent and if I remember correctly unless you take it as soon as you start bleeding I don't think it does anything????.

Also I've had a return of the night sweats and hot flushes in the mornings which I find bizarre.

Thank you all again for any help/comforting thoughts :-).

Sue
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:02:23 PM by peacemakerukuk »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 04:15:41 PM »

Try the Tranexamic acid as though it was your first day of the bleed?  Visit a Pharmacist once the bleed is under control for advice, they have private rooms now for discussion. 

How as Corfu?

robotwars

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 04:50:06 PM »

Hi , I was on the evorel sequi patch and like you my mood dropped when I was using the conti patches,  my period also got very heavy.
I went to see my GP and he has given me a different patch, he says these patches have different progesterone in them so might suit me better, we shall see, this is my first month on them, he has given me femseven.
I hope you get sorted soon. Hope you had a good holiday.

peacemakerukuk

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 05:52:59 PM »

Thanks CKLD, thats what I did as soon as I got home.  I was stuck at work and ran out of tampons and towels and had to resort to wads of toilet paper  :(  I'm now really really cold and shaky as if I have flu but I don't :-(
Corfu was lovely thanks and I'm so grateful this didn't start while I was out there or I'd have really panicked.

peacemakerukuk

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »

Thanks Robotwars.  I've got the appointment next Wednesday to see a female GP.  I work for a consultant at our local hospital and she's trying to pull in favours for me so that I can see a gynaecologist but unfortunately she only sees NHS patients on a Monday so I've missed this week.  I'll see how it is tomorrow and if its still this bad I'll make an emergency appointment at the GP surgery hopefully with a female doctor this time.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 07:00:47 PM »

Hormones can cause the chills ………. bleeding heavily can be quite a shock to the system.  When I had Taxmoxifen I had cold chills  :-\

Dorothy

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »

So sorry you are having such a rough time.  Try not to panic too much about the bleeding or feeling cold and shaky - I've had both and I'm still here!  It's an upsetting time and mad hormones bouncing round all over the place don't help.  :(

Hope you are able to get an emergency appointment with someone who doesn't think that any distressed female automatically needs ADs!!!  Don't let them fob you off with ADs, I can't believe the number of menopausal women who get this treatment - GRRRRR!

Things will get better.  You just need to keep trying till you get the solution that works for you.  Hugs x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 08:04:44 PM »

Feeling very chilled is a common hormonal symptom. I used to be unable to get warm, despite wearing warm clothes and having a throw around my shoulders. I just felt very shaky and chilled to the bone.

peacemakerukuk

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »

I'm glad to hear its not just me with the coldness.  After the cold yesterday evening I spent the whole night absolutely burning hot and woke with a night sweat again.  The patches now appear to be doing absolutely nothing apart from making me bleed.  The consultant I work with did speak to a gyanecologist for me.  She's written me out a prescription for Norethisterone 5mg three times a day.  Now I know this hormone is also in the patches I have so I'm too scared to take these tablets too because I don't know if she's aware I'm on Everol Sequi and I'm worried about having too much of this hormone.  I am still bleeding though not as much as yesterday.  She's told her secretary that if I get a referral letter from my GP she'll see me but to be honest I don't know if its worth seeing a gynaecologist so soon, I'm hoping when I see my GP next week she'll just give me a different patch to try - opinions anyone or should I see a gynaecololgist ?????

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 02:29:42 PM »

I'm quite confused now.

The Consultant for whom you work has written out a prescription for you  :-\.  After speaking with a gynaecologist, neither of which have examined you?  How much medical history has the Consultant asked for?

peacemakerukuk

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 02:59:26 PM »

not my consultant, a consultant friend of hers just gave me a prescription to stop the bleeding, not as anything ongoing.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 03:20:42 PM »

Without talking to you  :-\ directly ………… I'm more confused than ever  ::)

See your GP?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:23:24 PM by CLKD »

peacemakerukuk

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 03:46:40 PM »

yes without talking to me.  I told the doctor I work for, she passed it on to a gynae consultant friend who wrote me the prescription to stop the bleeding.  I don't have a GP's appointment until next Wednesday

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 04:46:11 PM »

So the problem is …………  :-\ I'm not keeping up on this am I  ::)

peacemakerukuk

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 09:08:11 PM »

IShe's written me out a prescription for Norethisterone 5mg three times a day.  Now I know this hormone is also in the patches I have so I'm too scared to take these tablets too because I don't know if she's aware I'm on Everol Sequi and I'm worried about having too much of this hormone.  I am still bleeding though not as much as yesterday. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4