Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does this pattern "make sense"?  (Read 7642 times)

Claireylou

Re: Does this pattern "make sense"?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 10:20:03 AM »

I too find it hard to tell if my occasional lower tummy cramps are gynae or bowel related.

As for trigger foods ... Too much milk chocolate, onions, cakes and biscuits. Basically all the yummy things.

When my tum is particularly bad I go right back to basics for a few days. I just eat a very bland diet (fresh fish, grilled chicken and plain rice). This usually gets me back on track  :)

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 11:41:58 AM »

We can add anxiety to the mix.... And cravings for things I shouldn't have, like wine and chocolate. Sure feels like PMS...

Claireylou

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 02:52:24 PM »

I'm sure it's something to do with the sugars sparkle. It's all types of biscuits and cakes. Oh and I can't for the life of me sneak a couple of sultanas/currants in. They are a huge no no these days  :o

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 03:00:27 PM »

I think that I also react to corn and sometimes bell peppers. Yesterday was probably a REALLY bad day... Tomato sauce, goulash with extra chili and also bell peppers, salmon with a tangy sauce, wine, orange juice... Did I do ANYTHING right? But I was SO hungry and everything was SO good...!

I'm still not quite sure what sets me off. But it SEEMS that it's the acidic stuff that is the worst for me. I read about citric acid on some IBS forum, and that it's a big problem for a lot of people.

Claireylou

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 03:02:35 PM »

I can no longer drink fresh juices. As you say it's the acidic stuff that's the worst. Not just for acid reflux, it seems to really upset my other end too

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 06:28:19 AM »

I "never" have acid reflux/heartburn problems. It's always "further down".

No diarreah today. Not a perfect bm, but much better. I also slept much more peacefully last night and did not wake up with a startle/anxiety. I wonder how big role this really plays?
Pages: 1 [2]