Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So much blood!  (Read 4745 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: So much blood!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 03:04:53 PM »

:thankyou:  Pricey!  Any experiences help others ……..

Jollyjo

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 11:01:57 PM »

It's great that there are others out there who feel similar to me, that's comforting! I said to someone today I feel like I'm in a cocoon, I know I will emerge if I fight my way out- (my fear is that I won't be a beautiful serene butterfly when I emerge, but an evil witch :-\ ). I still have my sense of humour, (sometimes!). This site has certainly helped me already. Thank you all  :)

Spangles

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 06:38:44 AM »

Hi
I totally understand, my periods were so debilitating due to blood loss and anaemia I had to stay off work, I won't go into all the details.
I did have an endometrial ablation, this did slow things right down for me but I still got a bleed. It is worth thinking about.
Hope you are well soon.
Shellb
xXx

dahliagirl

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 11:30:36 AM »

I wonder where all the blood comes from - you uterus is not supposed to be all that big  ;D  Yet so many women lose so much blood and it is considered 'normal' such a lot of the time.

(small rant)

Mary1962

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 09:07:55 PM »

I've had similar for last 3.5 years.  Only once or twice a year for me but like you say can be frightening - last one was 3 weeks solid flooding day and night - thought I should keep a mop with me!  I had it all checked out 2 years ago and ended up with lots of scans due to a thickened endometrium, and eventually a hysteroscopy with biopsies but all was fine - just very thickened lining and a fibroid due to the hormones going to pot at start of perimenopause.  I have suffered with very low ferritin though and non-anaemic iron deficiency throughout this time due to it so had to take iron supplements and cope with feeling tired a lot of the time.  Just been back recently to doctor after last one as was worse than it has been and the scan this time showed lining fine and she did a blood test for FSH/LSH and finally I'm getting there and through it she says - phew.  The unpredictability though of knowing when and if the next period may come and what it may be like though is a right pain. 
Pages: 1 [2]