Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Menopause nausea  (Read 13629 times)

jedigirl

Re: Menopause nausea
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 01:03:14 PM »

Hi,
Nausea was my first and worst symptom of peri. I had weeks and weeks of it resulting in my weight plummeting and anxiety soaring. I had days where if i managed a cracker i was doing well. It was horrendous and always worse on a morning and lifting slightly through the day. My GP and even the menopause clinic said it wasnt a typical symptom yet I keep hearing of other women with same symptoms.
I think for me it was the erratic fluctuation in hormones that caused the problem, not just one. It was the imbalance.
I'm now on Oestrogel 2 pumps and Utrogesten 200mg 14 days HRT with Citalopram for anxiety.
At my worst times i kept protein drinks in the fridge to sip through the day as having nothing on my stomach was as bad as the nausea, i just couldn't face food. Plain foods like rich tea biscuits, porridge, bananas, a few nuts, crumpets, toast were my lifeline and on good days i would eat what ever i fancied.
The hrt has helped but is not perfect. I have to be careful not to get hungry and still have bad days now and then, always felt first in my stomach.
I wish it was a more recognised symptom. I had endoscopies, colonoscopies, biopsies etc all normal and all scaring the life out of me!
Good luck and hugs xxx

Pages: 1 [2]