Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: There IS light at the end of the tunnel !  (Read 3840 times)

SueRoe

There IS light at the end of the tunnel !
« on: November 05, 2015, 03:52:15 PM »

I haven't posted for a while because things have improved and I haven't needed to ask for advice or support from other members. Selfishly this also means that I haven't been offering support to others so I bring some good news to try and make up for this.
Over the last two or three months I've finally felt that I've come out of perimenopause and settled into some sort of equilibrium. On the plus side the moods swings (rage, tears, irritation, etc) have gone; hot flushes have gone; itchy scalp has gone; flaky skin has improved; sleep has improved enormously; motivation has improved; I'm off HRT. On the minus side I've still not got as much energy as I had when all this started  but I'm also 10 years older.
For those of you who are feeling down and cheesed off about everything you're having to put up with please take heart. I know we're all different and your experience may not be the same as mine but I've gone from feeling truly, truly awful to feeling as if I've got my life back (and my hubby has got his wife back!). Please don't despair, there is light at the end of the tunnel. In the mean time there's always chocolate!

dazned

Re: There IS light at the end of the tunnel !
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 03:55:11 PM »

Oh that's so good to hear of someone whose life has improved,gives us all hope !
Long may it continue for you ,thanks for posting  :)

Anjia

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »

That's lovely news Freda do you mind me asking but did you find it difficult coming off hrt ?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »

Hi Freda

So glad you are feeling much better now you are psot-menopausal - and looks like you are one of the lucky ones whose flushes have not returned after stopping HRT  :)

The decrease in energy will be partly down to reduction of HRT - because now your oestrogen will be permanently low - but also as you say due to age. However if you are feeling settled and motivated - then that's absolutely fantastic!

Sorry I can't remember how old you are - and also how long were you on HRT and how long since you've stopped? Unless you have already sorted this - do be aware of possible bladder symptoms etc for which you might want to use local oestrogen because if you weren't using this, now that you have stopped you may start to get thinning of tissues and some VA so worth just keeping an eye out for anything untoward in that region (if you don't mind my saying!!).

Chocolate - ooh yes I long for it! I've been on a diet since mid Sept so have hardly had any - must remedy that!

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 07:44:37 PM »

Hello Freda.

Just seen your comments and wanted to say thank you for posting such positive news. The forum tends to be populated by ladies who are struggling so to hear from someone who has happily made it to the other side is a real treat!

Best wishes to you and for the rest of us all I can say is 'hope springs eternal'.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 10:10:09 PM »

:thankyou:  I remember part of your struggle, so pleased there has been improvement  :foryou:

Spangles

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 07:12:12 AM »

I'm really happy that you feel so well, long may it continue xXx

Trufflecat

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 08:19:44 AM »

That's really lovely to hear. X

pepperminty

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 08:33:56 AM »

Hi,

that is great that you are feeling back to yourself again. It is nice to hear a good news story. I agree with Hurdity , do keep an eye on your nether regions and perhaps prevention is better than cure in that respect. I have decided to take a twice yearly course of vagifem to keep it all up together, on top of my low dose HRT which is helping also.

I too am feeling better and haven't posted as much, partly because I have been very busy too. I have realised that I am never going to get back to how I was 5 years ago and I am taking everything one day at a time. Saying that, I am much better than I was - I am still felling a tad hot at nights and achy with a little confusion and word loss when I am tired , but all in all my mood is better and I am back to my positive self.

There is always hope .

Pepperminty xx