Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I Just Wish I Understood My Hormones???I  (Read 2280 times)

GypsyRoseLee

I Just Wish I Understood My Hormones???I
« on: October 09, 2015, 02:46:47 PM »

On my GP's advice I stopped taking Microgynon on Wednesday because after running 2.5 packs together I'd had constant brown spotting for over 40 days, plus a proper withdrawal bleed halfway through the 3rd pack.

And with the withdrawal bleed all my horrible symptoms of anxiety, very low mood, tearfulness and insomnia. They were still very much present even a few days after the withdrawal bleed finished. Thankfully my mood suddenly improved Wednesday evening.

So, I am Pill free for 7 days to allow me to have a 'proper' withdrawal bleed, before starting Marvelon next Wednesday.

Well my withdrawal bleed has certainly arrived. Cramps and heavier flow than I've seen in a while. But my mood is absolutely fine, upbeat and positive. Yet 2 weeks ago when I got that first withdrawal bleed my mood really crashed big time.

It's so confusing. I have simply no idea if I'm progesterone intolerant or not now???

Aaaarrgghhh!

dazned

Re: I Just Wish I Understood My Hormones???I
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »

Just wanted to send

:bighug:

You certainly been up and down and on this and that ,it's so frustrating isn't it !

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 04:37:28 PM »

Hi GRL

Just wanted at say good luck and when you sort out your hormones can you let me know the secret because mine sound like yours 😐

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 08:15:27 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

How's your diet? 

jedigirl

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 09:26:20 AM »

Sigh!
I guess if we understood them it would be half the battle.
You sound like a doer like me, always want to fix or solve the problem.
Sometimes we just have to ride with it, but boy that's not easy. Just remember that the rough times pass as surely as the good times and we will feel better again in the future.
Hugs xx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 07:38:22 PM »

Hi GypsyRoseLee

Sorry to hear about all your bleeding. The bleed you experienced halfway through the 3rd pack wasn't a withdrawal bleed though as you were taking a constant dose of the Pill. Not sure what it was though - unless it was a withdrawal bleed due to your own hormones? That does sound quite possible if you felt the mood dip but I'm wondering why the Pill isn't yet suppressing your cycle? Perhaps it takes a while to do this? Maybe someone more knowledgeable about the Pill can answer this? Briony?

However the fact that you are having a heavy withdrawal bleed now also suggests that it could have been an oestrogen breakthrough bleed - because your lining had thickened and it's now coming away properly. Also this bears out what I was raising when you mentioned about back to back Pill use earlier on - that if during normal Pill use there is a bleed during the Pill free week, then this means that the lining is building up during the 3 weeks. If you ran the packs together then this lining won't come away but continue to thicken - which it seems is what it has done in your case. I really don't know enough about the Pill though, but my only thought is that if you continued long enough ( running the packs together) the dose of progestogen is so high that eventually it does thin the lining, but in the first few months there could be build up and spotting and bleeding as you are experiencing? I'm not sure if this is one of the normal scenarios with the Pill for some women?

If your mood is still OK despite stopping the Pill - this could be due to your own hormones ie your cycle - your own oestrogen on the up (following the bleed you had which sounded like a proper period?). I must say I am confused too!!

Anyway I do hope you feel better soon and manage to find something that controls your cycle consistently as well as minimising your bad experiences and moods!

Hurdity x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 08:51:07 PM »

As always you are supportive and helpful Hurdity, thank you.

I'm as puzzled as you. I would have thought that after 2.5 packs run together then the Pill should have full control of my cycle, certainly enough control to supress my own hormones, else (if I was younger) I'd still be able to get pregnant? Yet, you only have to take the Pill for one week before you are safe from pregnancy.

But when you look at the timing, the faux withdrawal bleed I had half way through the 3rd pack would have been at the same time I SHOULD have had a withdrawal bleed if I had been taking a break from the Pill every 21 days.

I do see my consultant in December, but I very much doubt she'll have the time to study my weird pattern and give me any answers. Sadly, she talks far more than she listens but never tells me anything I want to know.