Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Angeliq tabs and periods  (Read 2469 times)

undergroundbarbie

Angeliq tabs and periods
« on: October 08, 2015, 03:04:02 PM »

just been changed from elleste duet 1mg to angeliq, on reading the leaflet it says you should be period free for 12 months, I was 9 months free before the elleste duet which gave me a break through bleed for about five days each month at the start of the white tablets, I'm a bit worried now about taking the new ones, but doc said I needed to change because my BP was raised and I'd been getting quite bad headaches. Any one else had any experience with these tablets or has any advice? :-X

warwick01

Re: Angeliq tabs and periods
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »

Angeliq is advised for ladies with above normal BP. It lowered mine from 132/84 (normal for me) to 120/70

I have known other ladies who have not reached full menopause use it. How old are you? at 54 it is safe to use combined HRT.

Wx

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 06:41:30 PM »

I used Angeliq for a while but I didn't get on with it because it did not contain enough oestrogen and there was too much progestin - I am severely intolerant to artificial progestins.  That said, there is no reason why you should have the same experience and the good news is I did not have any bleeding while taking it.  Hope it works out for you!

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 11:54:51 AM »

Yes strange that there isn't a similar product available for peri-menopause?

It depends how old you are undergroundbarbie. As warwick01 says you can change to continuous combined HRT at 54 if you started hRT before this age. If you are not yet post-menopausal it just means that you might get a breakthrough bleed now and again if you ovulate from time to time.

Why not give them a try - better to take them and reduce your BP. I presume you are also trying other ways to redcue BP - reducing body weight if needed, taking more exercise, reducing alcohol and salt and eating lots of fruit and veg!!! (sorry if you know all this anyway!).

There aren't many women posting on here who use Angeliq I don't think so do let us know how you get on.  :)

Hurdity x