Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Norethisterone 5mg  (Read 1640 times)

KirstieRose

Norethisterone 5mg
« on: October 08, 2015, 05:16:37 PM »

I am looking for advice please  :-\ :-\

brief history to remind people that know my story.

took Cerazette from May 2010 till June 2015 no bleed.

Got my first period July lasted about 10 days started very light then moderate flow
then second in Aug very heavy flooding lasted 6 days and third September 1st, again very heavy flooding lasting 6 days.

My next scheduled period was due around Sept 26th ish.
Problem was, i was going on a weekend away October 2nd till 4th and i didn want to flood while away so i spoke to my nurse who told me about Norethisterone. She didn't think it would be a problem so i started it on the day i assumed my period was due, the 26th, took 3 tabs a day and the last one on the Saturday night of the 3rd October. I expected my period to start after 3 days just like she said. But its been 5 days now and nothing but I've got bad period pain and feel quite down, I know I've probably messed up my body again but i just couldnt face the embarrassment of state of the sheets every morning.  :( So has anyone had any experience of the pill and advice on when i should expect the period  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

KirstieRose

Re: Norethisterone 5mg
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:53:49 PM »

ok then nuff said  :-X

dazned

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 03:49:07 PM »

Northisterone is a very powerful progesterone,I have used it in the past and could take up to 5/6 days to induce the shedding of any lining,however if there's no build up then there won't be anything to shed!
Hope this helps.

KirstieRose

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 04:08:59 PM »

Northisterone is a very powerful progesterone,I have used it in the past and could take up to 5/6 days to induce the shedding of any lining,however if there's no build up then there won't be anything to shed!
Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply, but thankfully i have just come on.