Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Starting Elleste Duet  (Read 1371 times)

juliedoc

Starting Elleste Duet
« on: October 07, 2015, 07:50:18 AM »

I've just started taking Elleste Duet for hot flushes and I'm rather nervous given some of the reports of its use on this forum.  Are there any other new users of this HRT out there?

dazned

Re: Starting Elleste Duet
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 06:43:35 PM »

Hi I did very well for 5 years on estelle duet,we are all different so try and stay positive when starting and don't expect it to help overnight,no matter how much we want it to it usually takes a good couple of months before the body settles down on any hrt. Good luck hope you settle soon.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »

Hi juliedoc

:welcomemm:

Remember that this product would not still be prescribed if it didn't work for lots and lots of women and many only come on here because of problems so a bit of a biased sample!

Hope it works for you and you feel some relief very soon! HRT is not a miracle cure - you will still expect to get some pms at some point because it is a cyclical HRT designed to give withdrawal bleeds like a period, but hopefully you will feel much better the rest of the time  :)

Hurdity x

juliedoc

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 07:48:34 PM »

Thank you Hurdity and dazned for your encouraging replies.  It's good to know that there are positive stories with this prescription.  There is so much negative press about HRT in general that it's refreshing to hear good news.  I'm ok with withdrawal bleeds if I stop flushing every hour and at regular intervals during the night!

I'll let you know how I get on.   :thankyou:

Swinnie

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 07:45:28 AM »

Morning.  I was put on Elleste Duet at the very start of my menopause journey (5 years ago) but it gave me migraines.  I am trying to manage without but if I knew what I know now I would've tried an alternative.  Good luck everybody's different.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:36:39 PM by Swinnie »