Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: i want my HRT back.........edited **** OMG , I have it back !!! Yayyyyyyy  (Read 7232 times)

Hasbean

Hi all you fellow menopausal ladies , I've joined to seek reassurance that
a)im not the only one going through all this
b) im not totally nuts
c) is everyones else body slowly giving up on them as well..........

I've been on hrt for 11 years since i was 40 as post sterilization ( my darling ex husband wouldn't have the snip...clues in the "ex " bit there) my body stopped working !
 i loved HRT, i felt good, energetic, all good till a year ago the GP says enough enough
and i have never felt so crappy !!  :( :(
big by bit system by system things are giving up, i ache like nothing else, even the balls of my feet ache in the morning....what on earth am i doing in my sleep
flushes a million times a day, actually i have every symptom in the book.
now I'm so chuffing miserable i can't decide if i need antidepressants cos I'm miserable or its all down to lack of hrt
 to top it all my daughters just started uni :( :( :( :(
and i miss her soo much ....dont think I've ever cried so much in my life :'( :'( :'(

well thats a cheery way to say hello to everyone..... ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:53:53 PM by Hasbean »

honeybun

Re: i want my HRT back.........
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

You need your HRT back especially if you were doing well on it before. Change your GP and ask again. There is no reason not to take it. You can email Dr Currie and get a reply from her to printout and take to your doctor as she will support you in getting your HRT reinstated.

You are not nuts, you are deficient in hormones.

I do understand about your daughter. I have gone through it with both my kids. It's not long until the Xmas break so hold onto that thought.

There will be lots of members along soon to welcome you.....oh and tell you to go back to a different GP.

Honeybun
X

Hasbean

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »

hi honeybun, thanks for that..
i don't think she was too keen as I'm 53 next birthday and do have a history of getting fibroadenomas in various parts of my boobs for years...
theres so much controversy over taking it past the age of natural menopause, we feel that we should be able to cope with anything don't we, as we have over the years, kids, life , divorce etc etc then when our bodies start to fail its hard to accept we are not invincible !!!
she gave me citalopram for sleep deficiency but I'm not keen on antdep as i don't fancy the withdrawal sides.
my gp is actually very nice really, I'm in the medical profess too (teeth ;D ;D) so i understand all the pros and cons but I'm just sick of it now !!! may well go back and see what she says
its so good to read I'm not alone though xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:25:19 PM »

Hi Hasbean - sorry you are having to go through this.

The eleven years you were on HRT don't count really as you were just replacing what should have been yours up to the normal age of menopause - 51ish - so you could restart HRT now as a newbie so to speak. I would ask your GP to be put back onto HRT. You are still young to be doing without oestrogen. I'm 61 and have managed to get back on it after being told that I had to come off at 60.

There really is no need, in my opinion, for you to be suffering like this. I'm not sure which HRT you were on, by the way, but patches or gel are considered the better option as we get more mature!

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 06:14:15 AM »

Why do so many GPs  not know that up till 50 HRT is a must and that they should really only start counting from them on. I have also been on it since 40 and do not intend to stop until perhaps 60 or to play it by ear, if I still feel good on it, then will push on, ask for the transdermal hrt in other words ,the gel or patch with some Utrogestan 100mg used vaginally if you like, or taken by mouth all the best.

peegeetip

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 09:50:12 AM »

The latest British Menopause Society view is that there should be "no limit" to how long any of us take HRT.
We should be left in peace to take whatever keeps us comfortable and our quality of life the way we want.

Your doc is wrong and is acting like an interfering busybody with a lack of current knowledge. No surprise there  >:(

Given your in such a bad way now, says it all and you need either get your HRT back (possibly at a higher dose now) or a new doctor that's more understanding.

DONT accept anything other than going back to where things were good ;)

:-*
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:54:16 AM by peegeetip »

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »

Hello Hasbean and welcome to the forum.

You are most certainly not alone in your suffering, this menopause business really packs a punch.
I think you have every right to consider resuming HRT, I am 59 now and only begun HRT at 56 and a half!

I have waved a daughter and a son off to uni and I know how you feel but I promise you it does get better and honeybun is right Christmas isn't far away and everyone will be more settled by then.

Wishing you well and let us know what you decide to do.

Take care.

K.

Hasbean

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 05:27:44 PM »

hi everyone
 god its so nice to be able to bang on and on about the menopause and its problems without boring the person you're speaking to , to  death !!!
thanks for all your replies ,i think i will go back and see someone different, i hadn't considered transdermal, anythings gotta be better than feeling about 110 and looking 150 !!!
just sick of bawling at anything and anyone !!!! :'( :'( :'(
i was on femostan, apart from annoying little bleeds now and again it seemed ok for me !!
thanks to you all for taking the time to reply
xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 06:18:05 PM »

:welcomemm:  go back to your GP, make a double appt. and tell her that you want quality of Life.  Remind your GP that you were 'well' on your previous regime, that you have read on here that HRT is OK to take for years++ if necessary. 

You now know that you require hormones ……. you have given your body a break and your still require replacement.

Let us know how you get on!  You could see your Practice Nurse maybe?  Read the pull down menus, make notes  ;)

Hasbean

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 06:46:52 PM »

I've made an appointment for MONDAY !!!  :-\....yayyyyy !!!! Thank you all xxxxxxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 06:47:24 PM »

Hi Hasbean

:welcomemm: from me too!

I agree with all the others!!! Like Taz I'm early 60's and still on HRT - patches and progesterone (Utrogestan) and still have a long cycle - with an "annoying little bleed" at my choice - as I don't like to be on continuous progesterone - since although we weren't "designed " to bleed in our post-menopause - nor were we designed to take continuous progesterone either - even the bio-identical one!

By the way also similar to Kathleen - I was as late when  started HRT - almost 54 - and not yet post-menopausal - so in my view the risks didn't start to count then either.

I take it from your comment about bleeds that you were on Femoston 1/10 or 2/10 designed to give a withdrawal bleed every 4 weeks? You could re-start 1/10 and see if this is enough for you now, or as others have said take the opportunity to try patches. I found when I started HRT that 50 mcg was fine and eliminated most of the most troublesome symptoms - and I am still on this dose. I take utrogestan for about 12 days every two months. You will need doctor's sanction for long cycle - but defo go back and see someone else and if necessary ask to be referred to a menopause clinic if there is one in your area?

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Hurdity  x  :)

Hasbean

Re: i want my HRT back.........edited **** OMG , I have it back !!! Yayyyyyyy
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »

Sooooo.........I went to see a different GP with an interest, managed to get out how shoite I feel before sobbing !!!! At which point he just looked at me and said , of course !!! I could have hugged him !!!
 Now on elleste duet, I very nearly snorked  the whole packet in the car park ;D ;D
Bring on the old thinner livelier less chuffing miserable me !!!
Let's hope it sorts out the IBS as well ,  :o
 Thanks ladies for all your replies
Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 06:10:57 PM »

Let us know how it goes!

Hasbean

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 08:09:44 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D
a week in, and already the flushes have slowed down so much, i can now dry my hair with the hair dryer without having to stick my head out the window and watching my make up slide off my face !!! I've even been cold once or twice  ;D
the depression and the clouds that i was begging to feel really dragging me down has started to lift,
i think it will be a couple more weeks but already the aches and pains are less..
thank god for a sensible GP......x

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 12:54:25 PM »

Thanks for the update.  Let us know how it goes.  Let your GP know too! and with yesterday's Press release, maybe GPs will be less resistant!
Pages: [1] 2