Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi patch  (Read 3614 times)

Libbygrace

Evorel Sequi patch
« on: October 04, 2015, 09:09:50 AM »

Hi Everyone, I'm 54 ,  i have put a post on under the newbie section, and hoping to start the Evorel Sequi patch next week,  you have a monthly bleed with it therefore if you stay on this type will you always have a bleed ? My Gp said it will stop when you have no more eggs ? Does the sequi simulate a bleed ? Many thanks

Dancinggirl

Re: Evorel Sequi patch
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:31:45 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM Libbygrace.
The sequi patch will induce a withdrawal bleed each month to protect the womb lining even if your own natural period have stopped.  Many women choose to stay with the sequi version of HRT, even into post meno, as they feel better on this than a continuous HRT that results in no bleed at all.  Do read up all the info on this site - particularly under TREATMENTS section that explains about the different HRTS and why you can take certain types of HRT at certain stages in your menopause journey.
Get back to us with more questions - we're here to support you.  DG x

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 02:55:27 PM »

it does induce a bleed, im still trying to work out when it should happen!!! LOL - I'm just finishing month 3 and so far I had the first one on the evorel 50 in the first two weeks, then the following two months it has happened on the second week of the evorel conti, when im taking the progesterone!!!! Ummmmm........

bev18

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 03:09:53 PM »

I'm on my second month of it and haven't had anything am just on the 2 week progesterone patch atm so will see what happens or not this month.  But I did have endometrial ablation last October so that may be why.

I get more side effects on the progesterone 2 weeks part,  bloated swollen stomach, weight gain etc. But it's not that bad and still early days I suppose. I don't get the mood swings and sweats as bad my gp wasn't concerned when I mentioned not having a bleed of any sort.

Libbygrace

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 03:40:01 PM »

Thanks for the replies ladies, been on the treatment section and noticed there are 2 types of Transdermal patches
Evorel Sequi & Femseven Sequi the progestogens are different, mcg and also Evorel is 2 patches weekly and Femseven 1 patch weekly, anyone tried both or can advise me . Thanks  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 04:28:35 PM »

Some women do not get a withdrawal bleed with cyclical HRT - if you look at what it says on this site the cyclical HRT tablets are listed and the following statement appears: "All the above cause a monthly bleed in 85% of patients."
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

Nothing to do with your eggs, although some women may be less likely to get a bleed once they are post-menopausal. Evorel sequi contains one of the stronger progestogens (for keeping the lining thin) so this may well be more likely to happen (lack of bleed) with this type of HRT for some women once they are well post-menopausal.

I used this type when I first started HRT but the progestogen in it (norethisterone) gave me headaches and I got more pmt with it (when changing to the oestrogen only patches) so I changed to a different HRT. I haven't used Femseven but you will find women on here who swear by both of them. The main issue with Femseven is having to leave it on for a week and if I used these I would change more often if it tended to start coming loose after 4-5 days for example. However then you would need to persuade your doc to prescribe more than the usual amount!

You could try the one you've been given - give it 2-3 months before you decide whether it is working or not. If not then try Femseven - and if all else fails you can always use separate oestrogen and progestogens as I and others do!

Good luck and keep us posted  :)

Hurdity x