Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HRT after oophorectomy - how long until it works?  (Read 8022 times)

lancashirelass

Re: HRT after oophorectomy - how long until it works?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 07:44:25 PM »

Im sure she knows this,  and im sure.everyone can realise that surgical is not.easy it hits like a brick and can knock you off your feet .  Im not dismissing natural meno ladies either meno isnt easy for any of us.

Nikki180515

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 01:07:29 PM »

Hi I am a newbie in here, so this is my first post!

I had my hysterectomy in May this year, including the removal of my ovaries.  I am 43 so hadn't started the menopause so started HRT 4 weeks after my op.  I have been using 1mg of sandrena gel since and have been very happy with it, until now!

I have started full time teaching again after being part time for 5 years and am really struggling with feelings of stress, tiredness and just generally feeling totally overwhelmed.  I have broken down twice at work recently and yesterday was sent home as was so upset!!

I know you may be thinking it's the nature of the job, but these feelings and especially the tears are so unlike me.  Just wondered if I should up my HRT or not???  I also have an under active thyroid that doesn't help!

Thank you in advance

Nikki xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 02:36:24 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Nikki180515
You are in the right place for help and support.  Do read up all the info on this sight to get really clued up and get back to us with questions.  It is amazing how the lack of oestrogen can 'mess with you emotions'.
What you are now experiencing is probably because your own hormone levels are dropping considerably and you actually need more oestrogen - 1mg is a very low dose.  The gel is very good - I haven't used Sandrena but I've used Oestrogel for many years and I think it may be better option for you as you can use it more flexibly. I suspect you need a higher dose of oestrogen - particularly because you are still quite young so your body requires more.
The other aspect that may be in play is your thyroid problem - it could be worth having this checked as I believe the thyroid can be effected but the onset and progression of the menopause so you may need adjustments to the drugs you take for this.
Get back to your GP or gynae for more help. You might just need to double the amount you are using.
 Keep us posted.  DG x
BTW - do start your own thread so more ladies can offer support - particularly ladies who have had a hysterectomy and can share their experiences. 

Limpy

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 07:33:14 PM »

Hi Nikki

Welcome to the forum :welcomemm:

Like Dancing girl says, it would probably be a good idea to set up a new topic/thread so ladies can offer advice and support directly.

Meanwhile have a browse around and see what you find
Pages: 1 [2]