Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: premature menopause questions  (Read 2875 times)

lorrmorr

premature menopause questions
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:52:46 PM »

I am new so apologise if this has been discussed.  I am 35 and discovered I've had my menopause. I've just started hrt and am going to get coil.
I wondered if the tiredness I'm feeling and the aches in my body are normal.  I thought the patches would make me feel better but 2weeks in and I'm washed out.
Anyone got any advise?

lancashirelass

Re: premature menopause questions
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 08:58:30 PM »

You might want to look.at daisy network.site.for.premature meno ladies.  Have they not put you on.any treatment?

http://www.daisynetwork.org.uk/

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM lorrmorr
I had a premature menopause and have had HRT for many years. Fatigue and aches are common symptoms of the meno and these should ease as the oestrogen gradually does it work.
If you have been low on oestrogen for a while it may take up to 3 months for the oestrogen to really work and make you feel better - 2 weeks really isn't long enough yet. The daisy network is a good site but there is plenty of info on this site as well, so read up everything to get clued up. 
What dose of oestrogen have you been given? The Mirena alongside the oestrogen may be a good option at this stage.
Keep posting - we are here to support you.  DG x

lancashirelass

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 09:15:16 PM »

Also what doseage patch are you on?  Early ladies need higher doses. 

lorrmorr

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 09:33:52 PM »

Thank you ladies.  I'm on everol 50. I realise it's early days but the tiredness seems to have hit me since beginning the patches. I guess it's just my body changing again.
Any tips and advice greatly received. Will have a look at the other site too. Thanks again  :)

lancashirelass

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 09:43:25 PM »

50 is quite low a 75 or 100 may be better.  If things dont.improve speak up dont suffer

Briony

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 09:47:30 PM »

Hi and welcome! Firstly, think in terms of months rather than weeks for how long till you feel the benefit of HRT. I started taking it aged 42. Also, a few months in, being so young you may find you need a stronger dose than you're currently taking. I initially had a 50 mcg patch, but it wasn't enough. Fatigue remained an issue. Now on equivalent of 2mg estrogen pill (in form of BCP). Good luck x