Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Discharge  (Read 9127 times)

Claireylou

Discharge
« on: September 29, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »

Hello ladies, could someone help please?

I'm 44 and I've been in perimeno pause for a good while.  My periods have been a little wonky for a while and last month I missed my first one, just had a tiny amount of light brown spotting instead. For the past few days I've had this watery clear discharge, I actually thought I'd wet myself at one point  :-\

There is no unusual soreness or itching with it but I just wondered if it's a normal thing to experience?

Thank you for reading xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Discharge
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 02:13:50 PM »

Probably 'within normal limits'  ;) - how do you feel otherwise?

Claireylou

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 02:18:50 PM »

Hi CLKD

I'm not too bad in myself. Usual meno symptoms of insomnia, aches and pains etc etc.

This discharge isn't really heavy. Just enough for me to think ohhh is this normal ? Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »

Our vaginas cleanse themselves usually, if you are worried, have an appt. with the Practice Nurse?  Any itchiness there and she can take a swab.  Do you require a 'towel' ………..

I get a discharge after sex  ;)

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 03:18:02 PM »

Hi CLKD,

I'm using a panty liner at the moment because it can leave my underwear a bit wet  :-\

Funnily enough, this discharge has been happening since DH and I did the deed a few days ago xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 03:58:36 PM »

There's your answer  :-\

Claireylou

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »

So it could be the beginnings of atrophy maybe ?

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 04:10:11 PM »

What goes up has to  …………..  :-X

Atrophy is due to dryness 'up there' - for me it was like razor blades  :o

Claireylou

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 04:12:49 PM »

Ah ok, I see what you mean. It can't be that because DH uses withdrawal method(sorry tmi).

I Just feel a bit sore afterwards these days and then this pesky discharge starts up

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 04:19:58 PM »

Aaahhhh - your own lubrication or KYJ will seep too.  Maybe get your Practice Nurse to have a look-see  ;).

Claireylou

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 04:21:31 PM »

Yes I think I will. Thank you CLKD xx

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 04:22:32 PM »

You're welcome  :yes:.  The sooner one gets treatment for Atrophy the better - which reminds me, haven't heard from SuziQ lately -  ::)

dahliagirl

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 09:38:53 AM »

I had a wet discharge before I started on vagifem.  It occasionally smelled fishy/dirty toilet.

Trouble was, I had just had vaginal surgery.  I had antibiotics, which helped, then thrush meds, which helped, then I tried leaving it and the discharge got blood stained and I couldn't sit comfortably so I had antibiotic cream.  All the swabs I had came back clear, so the doctor started me on the vagifem that the consultant had prescribed for dry bits.  That made a huge difference.  I have not found the vagifem enough, and usully have to double it up.

I stopped getting the discharge but kept getting thrush.  So I used multigyn actigel as well as the vagifem and that helped a lot. I have not found the vagifem enough, and usully have to double it up.

I have tried full hrt because of my aches.  It hasn't helped that, but since I went on to 2mg, the vaginal symtoms have gone for the first time in 3 years  :)

Claireylou

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »

Thank you Dahliagirl

I've been out and bought some multigyn actigel this morning so hopefully it may ease a bit

dahliagirl

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 09:56:45 AM »

It stings a bit at first, especially if on is thrushy  ;)  then it gets better.

I used to find the wet discharge used to drip like a tap sometimes, and I needed a towel.  I am not sure if it was because I was still healing from the surgery, or because of menopause.  One doctor I saw for a swab said ' oh we get all sorts of discharges at different times'  but no way was this normal.  The one that I saw last said 'oh - anything goes with menopause, you don't have to have flushes'.  I don't want to get into that state again.  The vagifem and actigel combination worked, although not as good as the femeston 2/10!  I am now worried the nurse at my new practice (I had to change and this is not such a big practice) will try and take me off them because I do not have flushes  - will have to  :-X
Pages: [1] 2 3