Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sorry to bump thread, it was solved but new worry arisen.  (Read 4317 times)

Dandelion

Sorry to bump thread, it was solved but new worry arisen.
« on: September 28, 2015, 05:43:33 PM »

Hi

In August, I gave myself a month off from taking utrogestan, which was a stupid idea, so in september I took the utrogestan as normal, I administered it vaginally, and friday was the last day.

It's monday and my period still hasent come.
I'm worried that missing a months utrogestann has messed with my womb.
My boobs normally feel different befoer a period but they don't feel very differemt.
Could anyone offer me any reassurance
I hope I haven't damaged my womb and I hope i don't need medical attention.
Edited to add, I take evorel and utro for 12 days a month.
If there isn't a problem, I will feel much better.
I just changed the post from thumbs up to a ? mark, as I meant it to be a ?
thanks
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:27:51 PM by Dandelion »

Dandelion

Re: Pls go gentle with me, did something stupid last month
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 07:04:16 PM »

:(

peri

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 07:11:01 PM »

Hi Dandelion I'm no expert but I can't see how missing 1 month would mess up your womb, try not to worry maybe your period will just be late, hugs

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 07:15:02 PM »

Hi Dandelion I'm no expert but I can't see how missing 1 month would mess up your womb, try not to worry maybe your period will just be late, hugs
Thanks for the hugs peri. I just don't want to have to go to the doctors, and yes, I will be pleased to see my period.

Kathleen

Re: Pls go gentle with me, as I am worried, did something stupid last month
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 08:01:13 PM »

Hello Dandelion.

I have a confession to make. Back in the day I was given HRT, Elleste I think and I let the progesterone prescription lapse for about six months so basically unopposed oestrogen for at least half a year. I am post meno now and recently had investigations for some bleeding whilst using my current HRT patch. All the tests showed everything was fine and healthy, even the fibroid I had has now gone.
It seems my mistake has had no detrimental impact whatsoever so I'm sure you will be fine. 

Wishing you well and I hope you feel reassured and try not to worry ( difficult I know ).

Take care.

K.

Dandelion

Re: Pls go gentle with me, as I am worried, did something stupid last month
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 08:21:18 PM »

Hello Dandelion.

I have a confession to make. Back in the day I was given HRT, Elleste I think and I let the progesterone prescription lapse for about six months so basically unopposed oestrogen for at least half a year. I am post meno now and recently had investigations for some bleeding whilst using my current HRT patch. All the tests showed everything was fine and healthy, even the fibroid I had has now gone.
It seems my mistake has had no detrimental impact whatsoever so I'm sure you will be fine. 

Wishing you well and I hope you feel reassured and try not to worry ( difficult I know ).

Take care.

K.
Hi Kathleen

Thank you for sharing your experience with me.
It does offer some reasaurance.
I just hated having to do the vaginal utro thing, but I have got myself into a routine with it now. I found I needed a paper calendar, the flip over sort, with each month and separate, days and I just glance at it see my utro days.
I have my box of utro and my wet wipes handdy, so that I can just shove the tablets up and wipe.
The only problem is, no matter how careful I am with fluids, I do still find, some days, I need to get up to use the loo after inserting the tablets.

Dandelion

Sorry to resurrect this thread, just thought of a new worry
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 01:23:55 PM »

Hello Dandelion.

Take care.

K.

Hi everyone

I wrote this thread really worried, and Kathleen very kindly, posted the above message, and I was reassured.
Quick recap, I missed taking my 12 days of utrogestan last cycle and did not get a period.
This last cycle, I made sure I did take my 12 days of utrogestan and my last urtogestan taking day was friday.
It is four days since I last took utrogestan and I have still not go my period.

I am really sorry, but another aspect of this worry has reared it head and I would like reassurance.
The new worry is because, although Kathleen did not take utrogestan for 6 months, she went into post meno soon after, so I was thinking that maybe her womb lining was more empty, naturally as her post meno was so soon afterwards.

I am only 49years of age. I was still, very much, getting periods for the first 6 years of peri, and I was getting flushes as well.
I don't know if I am anywhere near post meno.
What should I do if I don't get a period this time?
Will it cause me a lot of pain when I do?
I don't want to come off hrt, because life is bearable on my hrt, without it, it wasn't.

Kathleen

Re: Sorry to bump thread, it was solved but new worry arisen.
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 05:43:26 PM »

Hello Dandelion.

I can understand your worries on this so I thought it might help you to know that my episode of missing out on progesterone occurred about 3 years before my last period. Thinking back I was about 51 at the time and my periods were regular until the age of 54. I must have been perimeno but didn't realise it at the time.
I honestly don't think my womb lining was affected at all, I certainly didn't notice anything changing. Also I think I remember another lady saying she was told by a consultant that about six months of unopposed oestrogen is not a problem and my experience would confirm that.

It is easy to get into a state about our health at this time in our lives, we all do it, but I honestly think you have nothing to worry about, in fact you may be having pmt symptoms that are causing you to feel the way you do.

I hope you feel better soon and sending hugs.

Take care.

K.

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 08:59:42 PM »

Hi Kathleen

Thank you, the additional information in your post reassures me a lot, I really appreciate it. :)

LW44

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 11:09:29 AM »

Hi

not sure if this helps..but i take orstrogen only continously in tablet form..consultant is happy with this as i couldnt tolerate progrstrone.. i am 44 peri and still have periods..although irregular !

Nina

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 03:26:21 PM »

Hi dandelion. I'm 43 and have taken utrogestan since March, first sequentially and now conti. I've only had one bleed in all that time. So, you're not alone ha ha. 15% of women don't bleed anyway, so maybe you're one of them.

Dandelion

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 09:17:49 PM »

Hi everyone and thanks

It looks like my period has arrived today.
Its a strange brown one, but the last time i missed a month of utrogestan I had a really heavy one, so I guess that is what I am going to get, but at least my womb will be emptied.
 :) In future, I won't be so lazy and I will take my utro as prescribed.