Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Blood tests.  (Read 2136 times)

angelindskiexx

Blood tests.
« on: September 25, 2015, 02:28:10 PM »

Just had the results of my blood tests back. Bone profile abnormal, urea and electrolytes abnormal and lipids abnormal.

Feeling pretty scared right now.  :'(

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:30:37 PM by angelindskiexx »

toffeecushion

Re: Blood tests.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 02:41:14 PM »

Did they explain what it all means?

angelindskiexx

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 03:07:02 PM »

No. I have an appt., at 5.20pm. I guess I will know more then.  But I should have insisted on having a bone profile a lot sooner instead of blaming everything on just hormones.

angelindskiexx

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 10:49:25 AM »

Hi all.....

My cholesterol is still elevated but it has come down...  I've been following a healthy diet so its working at least.  But that was still flagged...  My GFR is on the low side so my kidneys aren't working as well as they might.  It was flagged as moderate renal impairement.......The doctor told me they did a test for this two years ago and the results were worse in 2012 and slightly better now.  I have no idea why they didn't tell me this back then....  I'm pretty frustrated.  My GP (who is wonderful by the way), is going to repeat the test in two weeks time......  This coming week I'm going to asked for a referral to a rheumatologist for the pain ..  I don't have Rheumatoid Arthritis which is what I was afraid of so that's positive.... still in pain though....  it's the renal stuff that's puzzling me :(

Thanks for being her ladies.... me and an awful lot to me x
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:07:16 AM by angelindskiexx »

angelindskiexx

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 11:07:59 AM »

Yes, I take Ibruprofen quite a lot.... 

Briony

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 12:33:47 PM »

I agree with Prajna. A reaction to another drug you take was the first thing that crossed my mind. I really hope you get some answers soon. The wait is horrible! X